1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

CB hot car storage, and 29 LTD Classic mods

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by maddog355, Mar 4, 2012.

1. maddog355

maddog355 Member

I have a few questions but will try to keep this as short as I can.

A friend only drives his pickup when he needs to and sometimes it can sit for 2 or 3 months between use, He enjoys having a CB in it but they seem to quit working while the truck is parked. He has always bought just whatever cheap radio wal-mart has on sale. I think if he spent the money on a better radio he would not have this issue, Am I right? Has anyone else noticed this issue with cheeper radios like the basic Cobra 19?

I have a old 29LTD Classic with a broken swr switch that seems to work fine otherwise, I thought I might get it fixed and do a few mods as well and let him use it for a while to prove my point.

What mods would yall recomend for the 29? Not looking for noise toys and such, Just better performance that won't hurt reliability. Was thinking about the rfx75? I am not worried about putting a amp behind it so would that be a good set up? What about recieve mods?

2. hotrod

hotrod Well-Known Member

first upgrade would be antenna since ya didnt mentioned it, a good one would be
    wilson 5k
    predator10k
    102 whip
    the rx75 will work fine.

3. maddog355

maddog355 Member

Sorry I guess I should have said he is running a 102" .