• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB hot car storage, and 29 LTD Classic mods

maddog355

Sep 22, 2011
I have a few questions but will try to keep this as short as I can.

A friend only drives his pickup when he needs to and sometimes it can sit for 2 or 3 months between use, He enjoys having a CB in it but they seem to quit working while the truck is parked. He has always bought just whatever cheap radio wal-mart has on sale. I think if he spent the money on a better radio he would not have this issue, Am I right? Has anyone else noticed this issue with cheeper radios like the basic Cobra 19?

I have a old 29LTD Classic with a broken swr switch that seems to work fine otherwise, I thought I might get it fixed and do a few mods as well and let him use it for a while to prove my point.

What mods would yall recomend for the 29? Not looking for noise toys and such, Just better performance that won't hurt reliability. Was thinking about the rfx75? I am not worried about putting a amp behind it so would that be a good set up? What about recieve mods?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.