• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb radio operators

were you in Texas earlier this week? The unknown soldier in the keystone break break...

Hey SmackDown, I run just 3 States now, Due top my Wife's Health. I am based out of Springfield Mo. and I run down to Tulsa, Over to Ft.Smith Ar. and up to Springdale Ar. and back home. Home every day Thank God. I dx as Triple 5 in the mobile. I got lucky last July and traded in my 18-Wheels for a 4-Wheeler job.
Ain't No Feelin Like 4-Wheelin Mobeelin. LOL. I do like to DX when conditions are right. As for being in Texas ?? I have not been down to the Lone Star State since '09

73's
Triple 5

I bought a FT-101 EE last fall...it had never been out of the box....gave $250 for it.....sold it for $500 at the ham fest...I am a CBer...but I do not own a golden screwdriver. :)

I get more skip contacts with my little setup then I ever thought I would. Conditions have been pretty consistent that I can reach the upper east coast in the morning and central, southern cal and sometimes Hawaii in the evenings. I can hear the people I am trying to get talking to other contacts in Louisiana, Texas, Florida. I guess the contacts I make aren't part of one of one of these forums to come back and write "hey I just make contact with....." still tryin to get on one of 4040's videogates though to hear what I sound like.

I am serious about what I do but this is just a hobby. For the most part we don't get too much trash locally. If what I hear on 14am & 17am skip coming from cen & so cal if what y'all have to put up with locally I probably would have to go to HF too. Some nights I hear some loonies on 38LSB, I just go up the band a little and try again.

73's :D

"223 S.E. Louisiana we tryin"

Ok i will throw my 2 cents in this.......

Since there is NO ONE local to lip flap with it is 100% DX

Just started this forum thing so I guess it is back to DX

so put me down as a DXr :w00t:

Galaxy 88 kenwood mc-60 mic
350 cracker box running @ 125 w
Imax 2000 20' off ground

Kenwood TS-430S sick going to doc :cry:

I'm close to the city so I talk local a lot and Dx whenever possible. Got into radio when I was 16 with my local friends and hung up the mic when I was 22 just got back into it about 4 years ago. back then an operator with side band was king and a cobra 2000 was a dream radio. Wow how times have changed.

I'm close to the city so I talk local a lot and Dx whenever possible. Got into radio when I was 16 with my local friends and hung up the mic when I was 22 just got back into it about 4 years ago. back then an operator with side band was king and a cobra 2000 was a dream radio. Wow how times have changed.

Are you the "Triple Nickel" that used to drive though Joplin on I-44 during the evenings and call out for the "Speakerman" on 19 back when he was selling up this way? If so, I used to hear you all the time.

QUOTE=triple nickel;319801]Hey SmackDown, I run just 3 States now, Due top my Wife's Health. I am based out of Springfield Mo. and I run down to Tulsa, Over to Ft.Smith Ar. and up to Springdale Ar. and back home.

I listen on CB more than I talk on CB, i like to listen to everything from 160 meters up to 10 meters and everything in between, i run the audio through my PC and decode stuff like RTTY-75, PSK31, and i wished like heck there was some good SSTV software for Linux but the only one i know of is qsstv which requires an obsolete library (kde-3.x & qt3.x) that is no longer distributed with Linux, or fldigi would include SSTV then that problem would be solved (fldigi is great software) there is a build for Apple, Linux and ms-windows Download page

i have a Si-Tex NavFax 200, and a Grundig Satillit 750, and a Sangean 909, (HF/shortwave receivers)

i also have a weak rci-2950, no amplifiers because i dont want to bleed over on anything, I dont want to be drawing unwanted attention by annoying my neighbors, so the most power i TX with is about 18 watts SSB, 5 watts AM,

...and i wished like heck there was some good SSTV software for Linux but the only one i know of is qsstv which requires an obsolete library (kde-3.x & qt3.x) that is no longer distributed with Linux, or fldigi would include SSTV then that problem would be solved ...

Have you ever tried running any of the Windows-based SSTV programs in Linux's WINE utility?

Have you ever tried running any of the Windows-based SSTV programs in Linux's WINE utility?

yeah, with not so great results, this one: mmsstv which is great software for ms-windows, mmsstv = Home - MM HamSoft (but not so good in Linux's wine) it was unstable and constantly locked up

and HamRadioDeluxe will not run in wine, i even installed Virtualbox in linux which will run a guest operating system like XP in a virtual environment and HamRadioDeluxe wont run in it, HamRadioDeluxe is great software but it only wants ms-windows in a real environment

Don't know how much RAM/CPU you have on your system but you may wish to look into installing VMWare Player then creating an XP virtual machine. Give it about 1GB of RAM to work with and install all of your Windows-based software within.

I've had to do this with several platforms I use: Win/Win, Linux/Win, Win/Linux. Rule of thumb is 1x RAM allocated to host OS for every 1x RAM allocated to the VMs in use. Thus, if you have a 1GB VM you'll need 2GB total installed.

I bought a FT-101 EE last fall...it had never been out of the box....gave $250 for it.....sold it for $500 at the ham fest...I am a CBer...but I do not own a golden screwdriver. :)

you might have sold it at a hamfest, but, ......the cb'er that bought it paid about $200 - 250 too much:D:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.