• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cb radios tune and allignment etc in Canada?

I think the techs name is Jim, he is a standup guy and is a master on the HR2510's he went over mine and also did some work on my 2990DX and my old Ranger 3500, they are $60 per hour and will charge half hour if needed. I would reccomend them!

thanks thats good to know. How much do they charge for peak and tune when you get a new radio?

good news about Durham...thanx
I'm dealing with a hammer/elec engineer right now, somewhat local...set up a time for pickup of my atu and mic tonite and he's out having friggin beers, so hoofukkinray i get to do another hour drive tomorrow

Durham Radio it is from now on

CB City in Sherwood Park (Edmonton) AB. I've never used them, but they have been around for decades. CB is almost dead in western Canada, truckers and off roaders have moved to VHF.

That "export fee" is a flat rate applied by UPS and the like for brokerage and duty. It does not reflect the actual cost incurred.

Personally, I'd use a package service at a US border town. I'm sure Port Angeles has a few. I use one in Sumas WA. $5 a package.

CB City in Sherwood Park (Edmonton) AB. I've never used them, but they have been around for decades. CB is almost dead in western Canada, truckers and off roaders have moved to VHF.

That "export fee" is a flat rate applied by UPS and the like for brokerage and duty. It does not reflect the actual cost incurred.

Personally, I'd use a package service at a US border town. I'm sure Port Angeles has a few. I use one in Sumas WA. $5 a package.

that brokerage fee etc most certainly adds to the actual cost. I shipped a bunch of stuff from the US as well as ordered a few things from ll bean etc in the states and all that was added together

I live in Victoria so would have to add in the cost of the ferry and that really wouldent be a savings. Also it would seem ssb would be the best way to go if cb is dead here.

good news about Durham...thanx
I'm dealing with a hammer/elec engineer right now, somewhat local...set up a time for pickup of my atu and mic tonite and he's out having friggin beers, so hoofukkinray i get to do another hour drive tomorrow

Durham Radio it is from now on

You wont be sorry, Jim usually works after hours as he has a new born, hey called me about 8pm to tell me he solved the problem in my 2990DX and we chatted for almost 40 minutes about the 2510's Great guy and knows his stuff!

You wont be sorry, Jim usually works after hours as he has a new born, hey called me about 8pm to tell me he solved the problem in my 2990DX and we chatted for almost 40 minutes about the 2510's Great guy and knows his stuff!

cool, good to know...thanx!!
i just unloaded the last of my "cb" gear (2995 and an AR-3500), hope he knows his ham gear too :)

oh wait, still have my 257hp, k, unloaded almost everything

What freq are they using now??

On CB:

Hwy 1: ch 1 from Vancouver to Kamloops then ch 19.

Hwy 3, ch 19 east of Hope.

Hwy 97, ch 19 north of Cache Creek.

VHF:

BC call channel: "Lad 1" 154.100. But not in Alberta!

Popular channels are:

"Kicking Horse" 153.320
"Plateau" ?
"Lad 2" 158.940
"Lad 3" 154.325
"Lad 4" 173.370

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.