• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb repair place/guy

Coyoteman

Jul 12, 2014
I live in oregon I know of only one place that doesn't mind working on CB radios it is south of me in Salem just shy of a two hour drive but I have not heard how reliable or reputable they are.
There is one other place but I hear they are not overly excited to work on CB radios other two way radios yes like UHF/VHF they don't have a problem with. So I'm asking does anybody know of a reputable good quality place to send or take several of my recently acquired CB radios to get them aligned/repaired.

This man has a lot of good reviews, I met him on a former CB site and emailed him quite a few times, all positive. He is kinda short, but all his client's really like his work. He even has your repair videoed so you can watch it on YouTube, awesome. You can tell him I gave you his information, good luck and let me know how it goes.
Tripple Nickel aka 555

snakeradiocustoms@centurylink.net

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye
Triple nickel give me his email address so I just sent him an email so we'll see what happens. And I could get your URL to work snake radio customs- home Thanks for all the reply's

I just tried it again and it worked for me. not sure why you can not open his home page.

coyoteman,

what kind of work is it that you need done?

repair work?
tune up/ alignment"
mods?

this will help us direct you to the right place.
LC

coyoteman,

what kind of work is it that you need done?

repair work?
tune up/ alignment"
mods?

this will help us direct you to the right place.
LC

Well all of the above well not to much mod wise but repair and tune up alignment. Be nice if I could find someone close by so I could take my radio there cause mailing a base station can't be cheap. Even if the guy/shop is in south Washington state is ok I took to my radios to a place in Salem and will see how that works out

I just emailed dtbradio to see what things would cost etc... I thinking shipping will cost $100 plus round trip though ugh
Thanks for info

Must be a large base station, maybe an rci 2995 or similar. I could see shipping that the right way costing a bit.

Thanks for the info I just email them to see what things would cost to repair etc.. So we'll wait and see. I'm thinking shipping though will cost about $100 + round trip ugh

If you double box a base radio like the RCI/Galaxy radio's it will run 35-45 dollars one way. Most shops will want it packed well because as we all know, what ever gets messed up inside during shipping is right away blamed on the radio tech that worked on it.

Sorry for the double post did see the first one so I did another one. Yeah the radio is a cobra 139 xlr base station with a digiscan-400 attached to it I'm thinking I weights on around 10-12 lbs. from oregon to Pennsylvania can't be cheap that why I would like someone near by so I can hand deliver it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.