• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB shops not for the weak.

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
Every time I visit the CB shop I spend money, luckily I had some fun money in the safe I had forgotten about so off I went and came back with this little metter, simple enough for someone like me. LOL. Saw some more toys I'd like to have but they'll have to wait, hopefully some well still be there next time I'm in. ENTERPRISE also showed me a really nice radio that would look good in my F250.
VideoCapture_20240416-204745.jpg

Every time I visit the CB shop I spend money, luckily I had some fun money in the safe I had forgotten about so off I went and came back with this little metter, simple enough for someone like me. LOL. Saw some more toys I'd like to have but they'll have to wait, hopefully some well still be there next time I'm in. ENTERPRISE also showed me a really nice radio that would look good in my F250. View attachment 68420
That's a good looking para dynamics meter you scored! It looks super clean considering it's from some time back.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
That's a good looking para dynamics meter you scored! It looks super clean considering it's from some time back.
It is is clean, and it has the manual with it. A friend of ENTERPRISE was there and suggested I snatch it up ,he said he had the exact same meter and has been using it for years, so I had to pull the trigger. There looks to be a well taking care of solid state amp that caught my eye but I needed the meter most, hopefully the amp is still there on my next visit.

Reactions: Eldorado828
I (and a friend) used to hangout at a radio shop in-between service calls, and besides check out the latest new gear in the glass counter, and used gear along one wall, we'd walk through a door on the opposite room, which had aisles and shelves of radios that were for parts, or some were ones he planned on fixing and keeping them for his collection. Needless to say, when we stepped into that room, it was like going thru a time machine, with CB's pre-1960 and up to the mid-80's. It was like a museum, and if it was still there I'd go back thru the time machine door, soak up as much history as my brain could hold, then take some photos of everything. The place is long gone, but I miss it. The owner was the kinda guy who, if he was taking in your radio for repair, he'd give out a loaner CB (with the same, or more, features).

Reactions: G-Golly Wally

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.