• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cb stryker 490

military mike

Jun 25, 2014
Hi all I have a Stryker 490 and am getting a shock or small burn from the Mic when I talk not always though. Also it has sometimes turned red when I talk? Any help would be great.

Hows that workin out for ya?? LOL!! Just kidding ;) I know how ya feel as Ive been there my wifes HF rig in her mobile used to get me everytime!! I ended up running extra groun wire off the radio. It only did it in her old carand actually what I ended up doing is using one of the coax lightning arrestor adaptors. It crews onto the radio SO-239 coax connector on the radio and the coax from antenna screws to the back of that. In the center of that barrel typ adapter there is a screw luf terminal that you can attatch another ground wire to and run that ground wire to a good solid ground. Make sure you clean of the metal where you are going to connect that new fround wire if the surface is painted to ensure good solid ground connection and Waaaaaa Laaaaa!!!!

Hi all I have a Stryker 490 and am getting a shock or small burn from the Mic when I talk not always though. Also it has sometimes turned red when I talk? Any help would be great.

RF feedback from a poor/faulty antenna installation. You need to look at how you've mounted the antenna, the coax connections, how you've grounded it.

Can you give us some info about your antenna install?

Hows that workin out for ya?? LOL!! Just kidding ;) I know how ya feel as Ive been there my wifes HF rig in her mobile used to get me everytime!! I ended up running extra groun wire off the radio. It only did it in her old carand actually what I ended up doing is using one of the coax lightning arrestor adaptors. It crews onto the radio SO-239 coax connector on the radio and the coax from antenna screws to the back of that. In the center of that barrel typ adapter there is a screw luf terminal that you can attatch another ground wire to and run that ground wire to a good solid ground. Make sure you clean of the metal where you are going to connect that new fround wire if the surface is painted to ensure good solid ground connection and Waaaaaa Laaaaa!!!!

Is not the right answer. That masks the fault, it doesn't fix it. In fact it can make things worse by creating a ground loop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.