• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBer?? How Long ???

CB'r Since

How about 1955, when the entire 11 meter band belonged to

Amateur's.....

My C.B. call KKJ-2646, circa 1962

Been continuously licensed Amateur since 1955.....

WOW - going back way too far, making me feel old.....

I agree with previous comments - just wait till the Sun starts

cooperating again, DX big time, starting now.....Mac

I remember

My call sign kbsr2676 I started back in the early 70's with a 23 channel layfette base and a gold duster antenna ? I think thats what they called them I have a cobra 2000 and a antron 99 now and a cobra 29 ltd classic with a few mods... I wish it was more popular now in my area only a handful of folks around anymore. I used to belong to a group from NY world wide radio group I dont know if there around anymore....SAM

mine was kgb7483 early 70ds i was on a few years before getting my call sign first real radio was a hygain hyrange IV with extras so i was above 23 before most and a star duster had built a tree house years before and used a 500 milawatt walkie talky with an antenna at the top of the tree got a few miles with it i was going by tree house them days lol

KCR-3199

(y)
I think it was about 1967 - 68... KCR3199. What was that big tube type radio from Laffieit, Comstat 25A, mobile in my black Chrysler 300 with a SS whip from Radio Shack. Stand by on 22. This was in St.Louis, MO, me (hotshot), Sparkle, Tiger Lily, Airedale, Tonto, Rock-in Chair Grandma, and on and on .... And then we went sideband on 27.405 :whistle: and that was before 40 channels. MC-213 standing by.

Hotshot

I got started around 1976 and my father's call was KMS0334. I wasn't old enough to get a call ans calls were good for the whole house. I think I might have used it once or twice but funny I still remember it. I do remember that soon after I got my call, they changed to 4x4 calls. Having a 3x4 call was a status symbol. I remember my first radio was a "Sonic" it was made by a company called Katone. I saw one on EBay some time ago. I should have at very least grabbed the picture. I remember that it was on sale for $89 and came with a free trunk mount antenna. That was real cheap for a radio at the time and it came with the antenna too. I remember I attached the antenna to a 2x4 and stuck it in the gutter. It's a wonder I was able to talk to anyone.

I than you for my freedom my older brother did 2 tours in Vietnam. 2nd tour with 174thAHC crew chief gunner on a b-model Huey. I got into cb's with my dad back in 1973 our call sign license was KHQ-0126 i think thats what it was. We has a Radio Shack Navaho pro niner with w clr2 ground plane antenna wow it has been so long ago i almost forgot what equipment we had. On sideband i used the call sign Lima Delta 527

I got into CB in 1969 before the truckers too. First radio was a JC PENNEY 6 channel. That's all that was made at the time and you were only "allowed" to use three of the channels. I had it stuck into a directional tv antenna (not a good idea). A local heard my brother and I on the air and said to come over to his place and see his setup. We were thrilled to see a "real" setup. Realistic 23 channel base with and old Super Mag antenna. He said he was going to Colorado Springs for the weekend and could pick up a "real" setup from Radio Shack for us. We talked our folks into it. He got a 23 channel mobile with a power supply and a 3-leg ground plane (all for $175) that we put on the roof of the house and thought we were in heaven. We would talk to a few more locals every night. I gave up on it after while. A few years later my brother had a mobile in his chevy el camino that talked sideband and I was hooked again. Since then I've had a Courier base with the extra channels, a Kenwood 140, Kenwood 450 and now unless they come up with something really special I'm on my final radio, a Kenwood 850 with AT. Now if we could just get the DX to come back and stay for more than a few minutes.

Old Buzzard - I Think ?

1959 or so, Got my first SHOCK from a Tuber.

1970 Started "S.A.S.E.U." = Sight And Sound Effects Unlimited in Darmstadt, Germany - made Light Displays and Sounds for DJs in NCO clubs while I was in the Army.

1984-1986 Opened/Owned/Operated Redneck's CB Sales & Service - I-59 Exit 174 in Steele, AL

1986 - 2000 - Created Electronic Energy Source ( E.E.S.)..... Sold the business in spring of 2000 and it died under the new owner in less than three years.

2007 to date: Created Circuit Monster
Read more about it at my Home Page.

Sine:
FredTheRedneck

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.