• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cell phone antennas

dyke

Nov 8, 2012
Well here's a kicker. I bought a Wilson NMO mount antenna for my truck. Turns out I can't find the pigtail to connect my phone to the FME-F connector on the antenna.

Here's what I bought.
Antenna
Cable
Adapter

I have a Motorola Triumph, it has the same antenna port and the Samsung Galaxy and most newer smart phones. I've been researching this on and off for a long while and haven't found answers.

I have a Motorola Triumph, it has the same antenna port and the Samsung Galaxy and most newer smart phones. I've been researching this on and off for a long while and haven't found answers.

Most of the newer smart phones as most newer phones in general use a passive antenna system. Razor 2's had a huge issue with the antenna port and the switch in them...they would stick in the external antenna position and wouldn't work at all once that happens and had to replace the port.
Get an 811210 wilson cell booster and connect it to a universal cradle and you'll be fine.

Just wanted to follow up in case you didn't find a solution. I think VE6SDG is right in that if you can't get a direct connect to work, the next best option is a small amplifier. If you only want to amplify one cell phone, check out the Wilson Sleek (or the AT&T or Verizon 4G version). The Sleek is the cheapest option, but you can get more powerful solutions that can handle multiple handsets if you want to go that route.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.