• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

check out this old cb i came accross

well that baby isent buckling it has new floor pans in it , new brakes all the way around , rebuilt the motor 3-4 years ago with all new parts 1641cc , counterweight'd crank , and a eagle 110 cam , added a external oil filter and a 8 pass oil cooler to as well . she looks like crap but will run 90 on the interstate all day long .......;) it just looks like a rust bucket , but i like it that way. it add character to the car , and peoples faces when i pass themon the interstate is priceless

oh yea its a 69 . and its very funy yall say the 102 " whip as i am talking to a guy around my area that has them new , he wants 65 bucks for them ..
havent priced them on the net yet ,, and yes my car is 12 v , i have a 2400 watt stereo in there , 2-12"s ,2-6x9"s , 4- 6 1/4 's, 1 farad watt capacitor, 3 amps , one per 12" and one running my mids and highs.. lol yes all in that rust bucket,

Last edited:
and here is my other baby ,, just a peak of her , lolol
SN850902.jpg
[/IMG]
(y)

but ill stop ,, lol im geting off topic ,, but thanks for the reply's , i wasn't able to test the radio today but i will post back when i do test it ,,,i hope it works.

Oval window.......................KEWLLLL!!!!
I was looking at the tail lights and was thinking older than a '69. I just got rid of my '65. I miss it but didn't have the time to give it that was needed. The new owner is really treating it good so I can live with it.
102" whips were $25 at RatShack if they have them. Not all stock them anymore and if they have any left over and are not going to restock them when they are gone you might be able to get a good deal on them..............negotiate with them.

BC

$65!!!! check Rat Shack and even MFJ still sells them, will be cheaper even with shipping. Keep looking, you could get three of them for $65.

I miss my old Beetles, had 1776cc kits and linked Webers way back when on them...got plenty of tickets beating that slow car into some fun ;-). Now, I don't even know how I fit in them.

i had one of those radios when i was a kid my dad was a radio tech and now i am a parttime radio tech and truck driver it has a PLL-02A chip so its modifable, mine had extra channels as did all of our radios at the time... use to work really well, had about 2 - 3 mile range on the included antenna and battery pack... hope this gives u some info on it, if u need anymore info like for mods and what not msg me on yahoo my SN is in my profile...

tested radio ,,,, and it works ,,(y)(y)(y)
i made contact about 2 miles away with it ,, pretty cool ,, i will me messaging you about mods ...

good pic of the ol'bug.Judging from the oval window,Id say about a '56 model.You better hang on to it.My brother in law had a '54 with the semiphore turnsignals.Earlier ones had the split window.Try finding one of those.Its so refreshing to see a '50s model Bug.If it was mine, Id leave it stock, except for a more powerful engine.

Being the vintage radio nut case that I am, I have all 3 versions of this radio.
13-861-23CH.
77-861-40CH.
77-805-40CH

It was also sold in the UK under a different model if I remember correctly.

Good field day radios, can be run off of 12 volts and you can remove the telescopic antenna to connect a mag mount for quick mobile use.

We have had lots of fun with them over the years, they still go on eBay from time to time from $40-00 and up depending on how bad someone decides they need or want one.

I watched a 13-861 go for over $150.00 dollars once because 2 idiots got into a bidding war over it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.