• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Check this out and see what you think !!!

Cotton Mouth

Mar 8, 2007
Hope I got this thread in the right place, because I didn't see anywhere else it would fit the best.

Alright this might be another shot in the dark but I think it could be done with a little time and effort and will power and I have all of the above.

I'm thinking about or wanting to figure out away to to hook me up a Radio and going up in the air and see who all will have me in there receive and see if I could get my name called. Honestly I think it would be ideal if I could get everything to match up. My only struggle here is the Antenna. I'm thinking about mounting it on a Swivel fold over right under where I sit and once I take off I could reach under me and fold the Antenna up right which would be facing straight down but not for sure if that would work or not. I guess the only way to know is to try it out and see.

Here you go check it out and tell me what your thoughts are.

Cotton Mouth.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

There's a guy around here that talks on a 2M repeater while flying his ultralight.

Works fine, less noise than I would have guessed.

Wow, on a ultralight too that dude must have a death wish, I scrapped up a good friend who was riding a Ultrlight and it wasn't a cool sight either.

Myself I have to have a parachute is the only way I will go. Atleast if something fails my chances of survival are pretty good with a Parachute than a glider, those boy's go down real fast when they go and it is ugly when that happens.

Cotton Mouth.

That looks like a lot of fun! I use to take an HT up with me (retired) and a speaker mic and rubber duck worked great. Are you able to use head sets?

Yep, we have a built in intercome two way communication system built in the unit. and its real quiet, all the noise comes out the back. You can talk really without the intercome system it's that quiet.

Cotton Mouth.

You're wanting to install a CB on it? Just use something between a 102 108" piece of wire that you can unroll downward once you get in the air. It looks like there is probably enough chassis on that thing to give it some counterpoise. You could use just a regular mirror mount bolted onto it somwhere within reach and solder the wire onto a 3/8-24" bolt stuck in the mounting stud

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.