• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cherokee radios

I have a Cherokee 1000 and there's not much you can do to these except get a better mike.Do not clip the mod limiter because you will lose rf gain.With a Sadelta Echo Master and mike gain about half way people tell me my radio sounds great.Most stock mikes sound like crap-I hardly ever use one.An inexpensive power mike like dm 452 can make a big difference.

I think he is talking about the Northpoint radio's that look like Magnums. I know they volted the finals on those to get MOPOWA, on the down side the audio suffered. Have a tech check it out, if the finals are volted un-volt them and re-tune the radio. Should be good to go. The model numbers were NT3hp, NT4HP,NT6HP, and NT9HP.

they use to make the AH-100 SSB handheld I always wanted one but if they were anything like the sidewinder 400 mobile the clarifiers didnt slide very far thats the only complaint I had with that sidewinder mobile I took it in on a trade years ago. That is also true they were what they were not much more you could do with them (I personally) wouldnt spend more than $100.00 - $150.00 on a base or mobile even if it was in good shape

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.