• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese amplifiers are coming!!!

nomade

US4IPQ
Oct 5, 2010
Donetsk
This is new 2000W auto tune amplifer:
10933482293.jpg

109344534253.jpg

109351911702.jpg

109354365436.jpg

This is manual 2000W amplifer in Brazil last weekend:

[youtube]cTE7i57ZNyk[/youtube]

[youtube]GJ0y5mF0LDM[/youtube]

[youtube]KDMGx0XjBrs[/youtube]

Both amplifers are using factory new FU-728F (tube life over 12000 hrs in 1000W 100% duty cycle) tetrode in gride driven.

Reactions: 4 people

If the quality is good, and the market price is fair, it may really stir things up with the Japanese manufactures. Perhaps the amateur market may start seeing price decreases once these hit the market.

If the quality is good, and the market price is fair, it may really stir things up with the Japanese manufactures. Perhaps the amateur market may start seeing price decreases once these hit the market.

I don't know...building an amp isn't the same as those cheap dual band ht's that are flooding the market. Not so sure even the Chinese can build em cheap enough to be a threat to other manufacturers even with their devalued currency.

I don't know...building an amp isn't the same as those cheap dual band ht's that are flooding the market. Not so sure even the Chinese can build em cheap enough to be a threat to other manufacturers even with their devalued currency.

dont underestimate state owned prison factories in china.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apple contracts to build a laptop in the far east for $100 using slave labor, and manipulated currencies

Then Apple Caymans, who owes no taxes of any kind, is a corp controlled by Apple USA. Apple Caymans then buys the laptop for $100 from the far east and sells it to Apple USA for $1000. The $900 profit is all profit, they pay no taxes on it.

Apple USA retails the laptop for $1100 for a $100 profit that they pay some US corporate income tax on.

So as you see, of the true $1000 profit on the laptop, they are only paying US taxes on $100 of it.

This applies to everything imported, powertools, electronics, toys, everything.

This is just another reason why US based manufacturers are screwed by the world market. They have to pay full US taxes on their full profits, the other businesses don't.

This is why multi-national corporations are insanely rich while the working class become poorer & poorer have fewer & fewer jobs to choose from, look at all your possessions and see how many are made in china or some other state owned factory sweatshop, And what good is that expensive college education going to do you when the job you are educating yourself for is moved overseas

But we don't know for sure that that is how this amplifier is being manufactured and consequently being made available to the US.

I'll keep an open mind and let the future reviews and information dictate whether I buy one or not.

In the end as always the market will dictate what ham operators pay for it.

If you feel that you do not want to buy it because of above post #5, then you have every right to NOT buy it either.

Last edited:

Apple contracts to build a laptop in the far east for $100 using slave labor, and manipulated currencies

Then Apple Caymans, who owes no taxes of any kind, is a corp controlled by Apple USA. Apple Caymans then buys the laptop for $100 from the far east and sells it to Apple USA for $1000. The $900 profit is all profit, they pay no taxes on it.

Apple USA retails the laptop for $1100 for a $100 profit that they pay some US corporate income tax on.

So as you see, of the true $1000 profit on the laptop, they are only paying US taxes on $100 of it.

Not to change the subject but if Apple pay $100 to have a laptop build, then sells it back to themselves to $1000 and only make $100 retail, how do they make any money on it? The $100 is a wash betweel build and retail profit? :unsure:

This applies to everything imported, powertools, electronics, toys, everything.

This is just another reason why US based manufacturers are screwed by the world market. They have to pay full US taxes on their full profits, the other businesses don't.

This is why multi-national corporations are insanely rich while the working class become poorer & poorer have fewer & fewer jobs to choose from, look at all your possessions and see how many are made in china or some other state owned factory sweatshop, And what good is that expensive college education going to do you when the job you are educating yourself for is moved overseas

US companies do not just contract out to "state owned prison factories" in China. They actually build their own factories and actually employ regular people in China. China is no longer quite the reclusive, oppressed, slave country the propaganda would have you believe. Yes there are state run factories and undoubtedly some employ inmates but this is mostly for goods developed for the "good of the country" itself like huge construction projects and for government acquisitions.

I've been keeping an eye on these as well, but I haven't posted until I could get more detailed information. There are also Chinese HF rigs in the works.

Two years ago when the first Chinese HT's started hitting the market, I said that it would change the ham radio market dynamic. It is now happening. These cheap HTs are selling like crazy and the demand is pent up for the mobile rigs that will be shipping by late 2011/early 2012.

If the Chinese companies are intent on entering the HF market, they will have the same impact, although it may take a bit longer. This is going to be fun ;)

US companies do not just contract out to "state owned prison factories" in China. They actually build their own factories and actually employ regular people in China. China is no longer quite the reclusive, oppressed, slave country the propaganda would have you believe. Yes there are state run factories and undoubtedly some employ inmates but this is mostly for goods developed for the "good of the country" itself like huge construction projects and for government acquisitions.

Most PBS documentaries I've seen lately don't mention US built companies. They just use existing factories that can meet specs and price.

China has been making shit for over 5000 years. When they REALLY want to, they can and do make a fine product.

To bad they don't want to do so very often.

Most PBS documentaries I've seen lately don't mention US built companies. They just use existing factories that can meet specs and price.

China has been making shit for over 5000 years. When they REALLY want to, they can and do make a fine product.

To bad they don't want to do so very often.

Well yeah, that is true in a lot of cases however I have seen documentaries showing where US or Canadian companies were spending "X" million dollars building their own factory in order to have better control over quality of the finished product and not wanting their brand name tarnished by the "Made in China" label. As for the quality of build, I agree. The Chinese are very capable of making some very high quality goods however it would seem that those goods are destined for the domestic market and not so much for export. Ironically there have been many major engineering feats of accomplishment in China that were finished with primitive technology. Why buy a bulldozer to build a dam when you have a thousand people with shovels. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.