• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

choices choices choices HMM

Which radio should i buy

• Galaxy 94hp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy 95t2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
What would you all buy. I have the option of either for christmas.
I have the need to add to my DRIFTBOX COLLECTION LOL. And if i do ask for them should i ask for them UNTUNED and mod them for Cb myself or trust a shop to do a peak and tune. And if i do what shop do i buy from. I dont know who to trust these days. I never hear of any good shops just bad ones. HOWS DTB is he a good tech??

non of them will do 10m voice after there converted, buy a superstar ss158edx or 69xx ranger, they will do 10m v and 11m cb

bigred222 said:
What would you all buy. I have the option of either for christmas.
I have the need to add to my DRIFTBOX COLLECTION LOL. And if i do ask for them should i ask for them UNTUNED and mod them for Cb myself or trust a shop to do a peak and tune. And if i do what shop do i buy from. I dont know who to trust these days. I never hear of any good shops just bad ones. HOWS DTB is he a good tech??

If it's a GALAXY?? Your going to need all the HELP YOU CAN GET... As for a Great Radio Tech & Shop.. DTB Radio is your man..

If you talk side band....95, it has a 6 digit freq counter and sounds great on side band if it is set up correctly. 150 watts with great receive and i have had 2 on em and loved them both!
........maybe Santa will bring me another one for Xmas!

AM monster....98. A friend got one last week and it is loud and proud, sounded pretty good on side band also but not as good as the 95t. Showed 300 + watts on the doisy with just a good tune and nothing clipped. Although it does tend to get pretty hot and it only has a 5 digit counter on it, why they did that on a radio with SSB i dont know. The same friend has two 95T's as well and says that the receive is not as clean as his 95T's are.

Cant comment on the 94.

95T2 from either DTB, Bob's, or Sparky's. No "Super Whack-Off" tune, get it done right. You'll be grinnin' like the butcher's dog. ;)

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
Carl said:
non of them will do 10m voice after there converted, buy a superstar ss158edx or 69xx ranger, they will do 10m v and 11m cb

You cant slide between the channels to talk on the 10m voice freqs??[/quot

i didnt realize the new chassis galaxy radios went so high after conversion. they will cover the 10m voice (at least the usb section) with a liberal amount of clarifier usage.

PA629 said:
95T2 from either DTB, Bob's, or Sparky's. No "Super Whack-Off" tune, get it done right. You'll be grinnin' like the butcher's dog. ;)

I couldn't agree more !!!!THESE 3 ARE THE ONLY ONES I WILL ALLOW to touch my radios !!!

PA629 you are the MANNN !

I love my 95. Screams on AM and SSB. No drift on SSB either. They could use some extra cooling. I use an extra fan on mine. I was talking to a guy about 50 or 60 miles from me and he was on a Kenwood ham rig. He said I was nuts on freq and clear as a bell. It loves the new Astatic base mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.