• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Christiansburg, VA verify swr meter is reading correct.

E412B

Oct 25, 2015
Any one near Christiansburg, VA on May 19th that can test my 2 swr meters. Tell if they are reading correct.
I'll be working in the area and can meet after I'm finished. Around 2:30-3:00 PM.
Or between Christiansburg, VA and Charleston, WV.

Or Bristol, TN today (May 16) or tomorrow May 17.

Or Barboursville, WV on May 18 or 20.

Have van, will travel.

Don't see how people can work in the same place day after day. Been there done that.

You could buy a 50 ohm dummy load with pl 259 with a connector and patch it into the antenna out on your SWR meter for around $30. If the meter doesn't read flat or near flat, most of them have adjustment screws inside.

dl30a__82999.1342277225.1280.1280.jpg

Yea, I'm going to have to get a dummy load.

Thanks dude. Don't know what I was thinking.
Was just reading too much into it I guess.

Go buy a 50 ohm and a 150 ohm resistor (carbon not wire wound) 50 should be 1 to 1 150 will be 3 to 1. Simple just keep the power set low. Test the meters separate not in series. P.s also no two meters will read exactly the same right across the scale range.

Last edited:
There Is a simple test I have used for many years to make sure a vswr meters response in both directions is close,

set switch to FWD, key mic and calibrate the meter,
switch to REF and note vswr reading,

then without disturbing anything reverse the coax connections on the meter,

key mic,
the meter should read on the calibration mark with the switch in the REF position,

switch to FWD position,
the meter should read the same vswr as your first measurement,

If the readings are pretty close its working OK.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.