• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Class E AM Transmitter

I've spoken to Steve (WA1QIX) on 75 meters about these transmitters many times. He says the design works good on AM or CW only, up to 40 meters. Beyond about 10 MHz the Mosfet devices used have too much internal gate capacitance to drive. They do manufacture Mosfets that reduce this problem but they are very expensive and would require different RF design.

I think it's a great concept.

400 watt carrier on this particular one? Okay what's the p e p max?

And what's this goober gonna cost in parts assuming one has to buy everything including cabinets?

I've spoken to Steve (WA1QIX) on 75 meters about these transmitters many times. He says the design works good on AM or CW only, up to 40 meters. Beyond about 10 MHz the Mosfet devices used have too much internal gate capacitance to drive. They do manufacture Mosfets that reduce this problem but they are very expensive and would require different RF design.

WHHHHAAAAAAA? Not usable on 10~11 meters? Forrgedddabbboouuuiiiitttttt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.