• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cleaning amp

What is it you're trying to remove? The board might be coated with a sealer.

If that's not the case, try rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. It might work as a spray, but try it in a small spot on the board to see if there are any problems. If not, give it a try.

I need to know if there is somthing i can maybe spray on the copper board of an amp to clean it, that wont damage anything Thanks.

Sure there is. Just use the same thing to clean the board in your amp as you do to clean the board in your radio. :D

Seriously,Beetle has a good idea about the alcohol and toothbrush. The alcohol will evapourate quickly and not harm anything. What is it you are trying to clean off? Is it dirt or tarnished copper traces? Radio Shack used to sell something that looked like a pen but was in fact a small fiberglass stick that you could brush the traces with and it would remove dirt and tarnish right down to the bare metal.When used carefully it worked quite well.

Some components aren't electrical contacts, and the overzealous application of contact cleaner might harm them. Some resistors' bodies have been known to absorb solvents and react more or less violently when heated. Some cheapo circuit boards do the same thing.

I wouldn't "hose it out", but it's not my call!

What im trying to clean is a copper board of amplifier that was homebuilt its new but was sitting and the copper has some spots were it looks like its turning green like copper does? its not bad but i want to clean before install. i might try a thing called Deoxit was told this was the thing to use?? We will see Thanks guys #15 in Cali

Keep in mind...there is no electrical reason to do this....

You are only doing this for cosmetic purposes right?

You only need to spot clean it for new contacts or rework for proper bond, otherwise that oxidation won't hurt you.

Keep in mind...there is no electrical reason to do this....

You are only doing this for cosmetic purposes right?

You only need to spot clean it for new contacts or rework for proper bond, otherwise that oxidation won't hurt you.

I was thinking the same thing here ? Go figure

Simply spray it with soap and water in a mild mixture.
Blow it as dry as possible with comressed air or a hairdryer afterwards.
Then leave it in a warm place for a couple of days to dry completely.
The bathroom-floor (if it got heater-cables) will be fine.

not trying to give you a hard time here #15 , I could understand dirt being blow in from fans that could carefully be blown out or wiped but I really wouldn't worry about the
oxidation of the board.

It's all good 15 , nothing wrong with being clean about you equipment dude . Just a sign that you care about your gear. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.