• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 135XLR Output Mods?

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
Howdy all, I just got a minty Cobra 135XLR radio from a local in our SSB club and would like to know if anyone has any info on how I could get a few extra watts out of it... it currently puts out 2W deadkey swinging 6W on AM, and SSB is about 10W. It doesn't have to have insane power, but a few extra watts would be nice. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

It has had a peak/tune done, and channels are installed. I think I'll leave the clarifier alone, since the clarifiers are tough to unlock on this particular radio (unless someone has a clarifier mod that will work). Just a rundown of what's been done so far.

Thanks in advance! (y)

Opps, forgot to mention... it's the TC5080P AM/SSB board.

~Cheers~

Alighnment instructions?

At one time Cobra's US offices used to sell us the factory alighnment instructions. I ordered the book for the 2000 back when I bought it new.(No I don't have either anymore. A NY State trooper "borrowed it" and the deed to the house they were in...but I "should be happy" because he "needed to" send his Daughter to college as a payment to me for all of his trouble.)

Does anyone have any factory info more than the schematic for this rig?

I'm having a problem with noise, I know that there should be a be a buffer or a filter, somplace, that is tuned for minimum noise but I probably peaked it instead. My scope is saying that it is so noisy on that classy side of the mixer, that most of my problems are likely due to that. I hate to guess when I already know that the factory figures that stuff out the hard way for us.

Any clues as to which thingy I screwed up instead of down?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.