• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 139xlr help!

CherokeeKidd

Apr 3, 2011
Got it cheap and the Rx is working fine but when keyed there is no AM power at all but the radios meter shows modulation. SSB has less than half a watt out and no modulation. the d179 cap was burnt to a crisp and i replaced it with the 2.2uF 24v cap and still same problem. I checked the pre driver, driver, and final with a mm and all three are getting next to nothing, with the pre driver getting the most but when keyed the voltage just drops off. When I tried to bias the driver and final the numbers just kept dropping when on the key not allowing me to bias them right. everything else looks good but i dont know where to go form here. Im not the best at soldering but can do it if it really needs it so id like to narrow down the problem before I go butchering it. thanks in advance!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.