• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 140

Welcome to the Forum Kasper , nice decent AM/SSB radio in the 140 ,
AM Power is VR-6 and SSB Power is VR-7 , you can clip R-104 for modulation but if SSB is more your thing ? You might think twice about that , you can add a resistor in line with R-104 to get the radio fairly stable at 100% modualtion which in turn will make for a more cleaner audio presentation in all departments (AM/SSB) The radio has a great PLL in the 8719 , you can get a lot more channels right off the chip itself. If it were me , I'd leave R-104 intacked , the radio is a good oldie but goodie , for all you know , it's never been touched ? That's a good thing. If you don't really have much understanding about the radio ? You would do yourself a favor by letting a reputable radio man fix it all up for you for the best performance possible. Good luck to you. Heres' a little review on the 140 GTL , I tend to agree and disagee but it's a decent little artical.
http://cbradiomagazine.com/Jan 2007/Cobra 140 GTL Review.htm

I'd say you did good Kasper and I hope it all works out in the plus for you. Remember , a good antenna goes a long way. :)

That's Ebay for you sometimes. You might write the guy and give him a feel on who you are , sometimes they will let you bid after that. The thing about Ebay is that we all had to start some way or the other .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.