• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl philly made channnel road map

curlyjo

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Southern Calidornia
Can anybody guess what the extra channel lay out is for my radio? The extra channels are in the Tone and Brt/Dim switches. With the tone switch on Hi and the Brt/Dim switch on Dim. I am on reg CB. Put the Tone switch on Lo and leave the other one on Dim. I have the lowers. Does any one have the chart for this configuration? My radio gets good reports with both the Astatic 575 and 636 mics. It came with the OEM Cobra mic and Pwr cord for $59.00. Sent to my house from Ebay last year. Replaced the Galaxy 33 in my slip seat box with it so I could work SSB DX. Some one added a RCA jack and 13.5 pwr plug on the back for a freq counter. It's a real nice radio for the money! I am not going to sink any money into this radio because I already have bigger and badder radios. If any one knows the channel lay out this one please post. 73's from So CA. (y)

Your lowers will generally start up at channel 15, and will be 26.815. They will end at channel 27 and will be at 26.955.

You'll have (most likely) another bank with both switches "on" (whatever their positions may be) that will start up again at channel 15, which is 27.455. It will end at channel 27 and will be 27.595.

The last bank will cover channels 1-40, and will go from 27.605 to 28.045. Which I am betting is the Bright/Dim switch.

Best way to find out is to take your Galaxy, that has 27.455 and 27.605. Map out the banks that way. :)

Hope this helps!

~Cheers~

Yessir, sure do! The conditions are a bit weird right now and I haven't been on the radio much as if late, but hopefully we can catch each other on the airwaves again soon! (y)

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.