• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 148F Var Places...

the info is for somone i know.....
i need the modulation,DK,etc....Later Justin will do the radio but for the time being he needs more UMPH than what hees got now...and on a tight budget...

AM POWER

Adam
If i read ya correctly,,,then this is what ya want...
VR-10 Am carrier
VR-11 SSB ALC
if your gonna send the thing to Justin for a full setup,,,then to open AM audio,instead of cutting R-131 to open,,,,Just desolder the collector of TR-26,(thats the middle leg) and this way only the AM AMC will be affected,,,,and not the SSB ALC,,,so you will still have VR-11 functional for some ALC on Sideband...I as an avid sidebander,,,hate to hear one of those 148's when the wrong transistor is pulled and the ALC adjustment has no control,,,,,very nasty....wont make a difference on AM but on sideband its a night and day difference...
ALso if ya drop the carrier down to run an amp,,,it wont have much swing unless further mods are done...
Hope this is the info ya wanted,,,if ya need more let me know...

Cheers

rfpowerman 8)

Is there a Final upgrade for the 148F ???
What more auido mods can be done when the radio is set at say 2-3w DK???

THanks for your help...
AM POWER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.