• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148gtl 1996

1st I would check for bad electro caps around the audio IC since you say it just has low audio. even check for cold solder joints around that area also.

1st I would check for bad electro caps around the audio IC since you say it just has low audio. even check for cold solder joints around that area also.
modulation checks good,wattage is good frequency is good rf gain is good,squelch is good its on cb not pa just very low noise like the volume is low but its cranked all the way up Also I recapped the whole radio.

Last edited:
have you even tried to adjust the receive since you put new caps in it. you never said if you bough the radio this way or not. i do not know how many radios guy's would bring in and say it had low receive or other problems and find out they were inside turning the cans trying to make the radio put out more wattage. they would not have any idea what they got out of position and the radio would be close to dead. have seen them turn the vco and get it out of lock. they would stand there and say they had no ideas what was wrong and after looking inside I could get them some times to admit they had been trying to peak the radio

Reactions: 222DBFL
have you even tried to adjust the receive since you put new caps in it. you never said if you bough the radio this way or not. i do not know how many radios guy's would bring in and say it had low receive or other problems and find out they were inside turning the cans trying to make the radio put out more wattage. they would not have any idea what they got out of position and the radio would be close to dead. have seen them turn the vco and get it out of lock. they would stand there and say they had no ideas what was wrong and after looking inside I could get them some times to admit they had been trying to peak the radio
before i recapped it was doing the same thing i figured its was a bad cap my self but after the recapp still has same sympthoms

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.