• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148GTL/EX Any info?

Rcr619

Apr 21, 2015
My wife bought me this Cobra 148 GTL/EX last week as a gift, but I can't find much info on it at all. What I have found is in Spanish mostly, and google translating definitely leaves much to be desired.

Any help figuring this radio out is appreciated!

Cobra 148gtl EX.jpg

Can't find much on it - either.
Bet dimes to doughnuts that is is probably the same board as the 148GTL/DX. Which is also the same as a SuperStar 360FM. All of them represent the pinnacle of Uniden engineering and very desirable to use - so long as they are in decent shape. Good catch.

http://www.m0ysu.com/cobra148page.html

If you can take off the bottom cover and take some pics of the board layout and post them here, it would be the best way to verify. In addition, look for the board model number on the board while the cover is off. Either a PC879 or a PB010 - my guess. That will be more specific still . . .

The board number is EPT360011B

It doesn't have a frequency counter jack, and the jack where it normally says P.A. speaker says CW key.

cobra 148gtl ex board number.jpeg cobra board 148gtl ex.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.