• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150 amp? OR 150 Cobra???

Chevboy0167

Apr 5, 2017
Hello folks. I have a little amp that I can not find much info on. Problem is on the power setting switch. 2 of the padding resistors are burnt/discolored and I don't trust the values my meter is reading. Nothing on CB tricks that I have found. Been burning thru the Google searches for a week and down to my last tuff of hair on my head!

Amp board just says Model 150 and PCP inside a circle? Uses 2 Motorola SRF2072 transistors. Any info will be greatly appreciated especially a schematic. Other wise I may have shoot in the dark on the values. Thank you.

Cobra-150-Linear-Amplifier-Rare-All-Mode.jpg

Last edited:

Gotta be real old school there. At first glance of the title I thought you had a Cobra 150 radio.

LOL Driver. No, I hear some horror stories on the 150 and 200 GTL radios. And I have plenty of radios that work better for me. This is a strange little bugger for sure. Looks well put together inside. Everything "appears factory stock". Me thinks someone may have tried to drive it too hard at some time.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hahahaha... found another! Same flavor, different name.

Attachments

• High Watt 150 amp.jpg
    High Watt 150 amp.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 151
  • HY-WATT  150 amp pic 2.jpg
    HY-WATT 150 amp pic 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 162
Neat looking old amp. There are several sharp tech members here, I'm sure one or more will chime in and help you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned