• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150 GTL or 200 GTL comments...

I have nothing bad to say about the 200GTL. I've sold quite a few, and every customer has been happy with it. I did sell a few 150's when they first came out, but for the small price difference, it doesn't make sense not to go right for the 200.

If you've taken time to look through this forum, I'm sure you've found a number of threads about the two radios, and about the 200 in particular. The positive comments outweigh the negative comments, especially the latest posts. When the 200 first came out, there were a couple bugs, but they have been addressed, and it is now a top-notch radio.

Not really alot of bugs-- I haven't heard anything really too bad about it so far-- somepeople are a little picky about the radio but I find overall a decent radio for the price
for the power, price and features its a overall good deal-- of course some guys that like to run their radios overmodulated don't like it-- but it has good power and channels for the price-- i think it isn't what some people like thats why you hear about complaints and bugs-- but its a good radio designed to be used a certain way-- use it for what its meant to do and there is no problems
Hard to compare this radio to another because there really is nothing out there thats like it--
It is what it is-- a good powered radio with lots of freq that can't be run overmod with clean sounding audio
Thats a good radio if you ask me

I also own the 200GTLDX. and I have no problems.... I bought it from Copper Electronic. I get compliments on the TX..... I think it's alot of radio for the money... I was going to send it to get the fix for the bugs done.... but I decided to let well enough alone.... "If it aint broke don't fix it"

hum

how is the 11m mod done since most folks well run it on the freeband freqs and 11m and how would it compair to say a rci2950dx

" I was going to send it to get the fix for the bugs done.... but I decided to let well enough alone.... "If it aint broke don't fix it" "

Ok, I don't get it, you have some bugs that need to be fixed or it works fine???

I believe he is talking about the tech bulletins posted by Cobra, and how if they're not interfering with the way his radio works, and if he's happy with it, he's not going to send it back to get them done.

stardust said:
I believe he is talking about the tech bulletins posted by Cobra, and how if they're not interfering with the way his radio works, and if he's happy with it, he's not going to send it back to get them done.
You got it right. I currently do no have the problems the TB are supposed to fix so I am going to leave well enough alone.... My Cobra Screams the way it is. I am seeing about 200 watts PEP with good audio reports on AM and SSB. Plus this thing has all the bells and whistles you could want on a radio. You cannot get a good 2 pill amp with the same finals the Cobra has for under 200 dollars... Now what does that tell you.

OK, so the Cobra 200 does around 200w's...So I assum that puppy is going to have a high DK. So what amp can you run with it?

I also assum you would'nt be able to run a 2-pill or a 3-pill with it. Maybe a 4-pill HD? Or have to go with at least a 6-pill?

I know with my Galaxy 93t, I can turn doun the DK on LOW, to 1w. and run a 2-pill, but can the Cobra 200 be turned doun to 1 or 2w's???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.