• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150GTLDX??? or just a 148GTL???

Sep 5, 2005
Denver
I'm a new member and pretty new to CB's in general, had a cobra 19LTD now for a couple years, want to upgrade, about to start driving OTR, and want something with SSB, kinda partial to Cobras cause thats what was around when i was a kid, but been hearing bad stuff about where, or where not, they might have been mfg'd...??? Anyone know about the 150's ??

looks to be a very well informed crowd here so any info, good or bad would be appreciated.

also probably gonna order from walcottCB, cause best price, but saw em' blacklisted on some site but they had no exp why??

thoughts on them or any local colorado dealers would be welcome

thanks

Ok go check the exsport section and find the threads about the 150. There not bad radio but need some bug worked out. As for wallcot the only reason I could think there black listed is becouse they offer tune up option with there radios. But if you just buying a stock radio that they have not messed with you should be fine. The 150 will need to be converted from 10 meters to 11 though so I would find some one with a good rep to do it for you.

i'm a noob so be nice when you answer this one, i don't need a license for 10 or 11 meter????

i want to be ....well, mostly legal anyway, i suppose a little extra power's fine, but i dont want to be talkin where i'm not supposed to be

will check export section about 150's

thanks cheech

Not 11 meter becouse its where the CB band is but 10 meter is a difrent story. You need a amateur radio licence for it. Lots of people think they can just go up there and talk becouse the chanel is in their radio but then you run into many problems. Ham operators dont realy like when you get on their band unlicenced. But there is more chanels than you could ever want on 11 meter so its good but one more thing, when your not in the regular 40 chanel your freebanding and its also elegal so you got to watch what your doing.

why is walcott blacklisted? did you miss the second paragraph at the top of the page?

"all of the shops listed below as a matter of course routinely strip and gut the amc/alc limiting circuits in the radio equipment that they service."

that goes for the new equipment they sell too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.