• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 200 GTL DX

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
why is this radio frowned upon? 150w output 6 digi echo ssb and am.....whats not to like? cant forget the awesome glow in the dark face!

any reason why not to buy one?

Because their track record is crap. Not your typical Cobra radio. Most Cobras are decently built radios.. But the 200 is a genuine D-O-G. Taking your chances if you buy it and decide to run with it.

Because their track record is crap. Not your typical Cobra radio. Most Cobras are decently built radios.. But the 200 is a genuine D-O-G. Taking your chances if you buy it and decide to run with it.

dang robb you must be the CB guru four ten :)
alright so its basicly a hit or miss and 99% of the cobra 200 GTL is a POS.
definite not going to happen. not when people want 150-300$ for the 200gtl pssshhtt!

My Mamma told me if I havent got anything nice to say then dont say anything!! So with that I can tell you I bought a brand spankin new Cobra 200GTL DX a few years ago and this radio was supposed to be the latest generation board the 3rd gen I believe and I had it up and running about about 4 hours out of about 8 months or so of owning it because the rest of the time it was being shipped allover the US for repair.

The last 2 to 3 times it was actually in the Illinois main shop or headquarters and it kept coming home and lasted about an hour each time and off it went again so Cobra sent me a check for the purchase price minus all the shipping and insurance so Ill stop now before I tell ya how I really feel and what I really think and my mamma would be upset with me LMA:LOL:!!

Reactions: Se7en
My Mamma told me if I havent got anything nice to say then dont say anything!! So with that I can tell you I bought a brand spankin new Cobra 200GTL DX a few years ago and this radio was supposed to be the latest generation board the 3rd gen I believe and I had it up and running about about 4 hours out of about 8 months or so of owning it because the rest of the time it was being shipped allover the US for repair.

The last 2 to 3 times it was actually in the Illinois main shop or headquarters and it kept coming home and lasted about an hour each time and off it went again so Cobra sent me a check for the purchase price minus all the shipping and insurance so Ill stop now before I tell ya how I really feel and what I really think and my mamma would be upset with me LMA:LOL:!!

lol!

I am one of the lucky ones I guess...lmaooo I have had mine for over 6 mo. and I got it used and have NOT had any problems (knocks on wood) with mine. I have it set right at 125w on ssb and have made many, many contacts with it :D I was very reluctant to do the deal that I did an it was NOT because of who I did the deal with, it was because of all the horror stories I heard about the rado...lol But, I can honestly say that I am glad I did as again, it has been working flawlessly (again, knock on wood). :D

i had mine out the box for 4 or 5 minutes and found that many rx faults i was scared to tx on it, it just went straight back in the box and was returned to seller,(incidentally his tech found even more faults on it when he tried to tx on it), was the biggest p.o.s i ever had the misfortune of switching on.

i instinctively know when a radio is good,bad or indifferent, but with the 200 the only instinct i had was to get the fecker in the post, post haste.

There were a lot of factory problems with that radio. I had one, didn't do my research and lost money! If you can get one for $100 and under might be worth it.

The radios looks and feels great, but the internals are cheap and not well engineered!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.