• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 big bucks!

That guy is a nut and a flat out liar. Yeah, I said it. Look at all of his auctions and you will understand. I have never seen so many limited edition, special award, or owners private stock radio claims in my life. Cant believe he ever sells anything. He also claims to be a dealer for all sorts of out of business companies.( can you say RadioMart?)

I've dealt with this clown before. Stay away!!! Does not ship whats promised. Had to deal with him & UPS for a refund. Packs poorly at best. Ships damaged equipment, then blames carrier/shipper for damages, then you need to deal with carrier/shipper. Need I continue????? :thumbdown: He truly lives up to his ebay screen name--- "Superhawk"

Holly smokes $1495.00 for a Cobra 2000, do you think he will get any takers? Maybe we should be investing in cobra 2000’s instead of gold. ;)

COBRA 2000 GTL N.O.S. 2000GTL AM/SSB/BRAND NEW THE BEST - eBay (item 280567818613 end time Oct-27-10 13:48:49 PDT)
I wonder how well it would work after not being used for so long. I know capacitors go bad if they aren't used and I've had two old time Radio Shack power / swr / modulation meters that read low. I would think that the meters on a Cobra 2000 are a big part of the experience of using one.

I wonder if there is anyone out there who restores them?

Sean

First the seller states: "Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging..."

Then later in the ad he states: " THIS 2000 WAS ONLY REMOVED FROM THE BOX ONCE TO TEST AND IT WORKS PERFECT"

A person can buy one heck of a nice Yaesu, Kenwood or ICOM transceiver for $1500 and get a far superior product.

if you look in his feedback you will see he got 849.00 back in march for his last new in box 2000.
then in may he got 599.00 for a new in box 1000.

in oct he got 599.00 for a diamond eagle mic

just day ago he got 349.00 for a new old stock final edition silver eagle in a case

199.00 for a new old stock silver eagle

899.00 for a tram d201a

like him or not hes doing something right. people are buying at those prices so whos the dummy??:bdh:

i see nothing but raving reviews for the last 12 months .i would never buy at those prices ,but i would sure like to be selling at them.

i see nothing but raving reviews for the last 12 months .i would never buy at those prices ,but i would sure like to be selling at them.

X2

I hear ya. I have listed items that were in excellent condition for 1/2 the final price of items that were well worn but sold and they never sell - even with a consistent 100% feedback over the years. This guy must have sold used cars in a previous life...

...Then later in the ad he states: " THIS 2000 WAS ONLY REMOVED FROM THE BOX ONCE TO TEST AND IT WORKS PERFECT"...

that very well may be a true statement,.......... it was removed from the box ONCE (but that was 25 years ago and it has been in "testing" ever since then).

BTW, i'll bet most of those deals in the last year were from shill bidders

also, if you do a little checking around, you may find that a certain Mr. Chris Pasquinelli also has some "issues" as a buyer too http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/in...-frauds/244892-beware-superhawkwss6-ebay.html

Last edited:
The problem as I see it is that even if it is “ new old stock” the radio is pushing 30 years old and its very common for the electrolytic capacitors to fail just from age. So some guy spends $1500 on the radio he probably in the near future will have to send it to the shop. I have just repaired one a month ago, a capacitor shorted out so I guess it all comes back to the buyer doing his homework and understanding that he is getting a new/old radio At probably 5x the original cost, now that radio equity!!! ;)

Most of those bids are shill bids just made to bump prices up. They'll lose money in the short term with auctions that sell but no collecting......of course if some moron actually buys one of these high dollar overpriced items they come out way ahead.
Cobra 2000s in their day sold new for $500-$550.

:blink: How about this for "Rare" Sorry about the huge picture but this was a last minute post before work. I will do a thread with lots of smaller pics if anyone wants to check it out in more detail. This is new in the box and it has a stamp on the side addressed to Dynascan Corp ;)

cobradynascanclock.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.