• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 GTL Mods

Hi Captain Shakes, the last post in this thread was from 2008!
And here it is 2022.
http://www.silicon212.org/CB/c2000.htm. Cobra 2000 Peak AM Mod.

The Good, Bad, and the Ugly, any comments on effectiveness of this mod?

This particular mod published 2008. No comment on this mod since thread started 2008.

I'd rather my 2 Pill alone and sufficiently reach coast to coast. Better than warming up the FatBoy and unnecessarily slam 'em; and walk on everyone else.
If a .22 will kill a rabbit, I don't need a 45-70 to kill it more; but there will be splatter ;)

My C2000 is bone stock, aside from expanded Frequency Mod, and AM PEP is 12W. Need full SSB capability, 25W, to modulate M80, sufficiently.

Last edited:
Cobra 2000GTL in the shop for it's 50 year check up, close enough to 50.
No feedback on the previous "Negative Peak Compression / Reduced Carrier mod aka npc/rc" inquiry. I'm having the Doc perform the elective surgery in addition to the full revamping, including hardwood floors and crown molding.

In it's absence, I'm comparing side-by-side a RCI2970N4 and SR955, on SSB. I've yet to decide which is crappier. :eek: I suspect alignment? Is AM and SSB alignment separate; what about FM? They both suck on FM; more noise than AM. Neither together nor individually would make the B-Team on the receive side. The Cobra 2000 is by far the full receiver A-Team.

Cobra 2000GTL is it Taiwan or Philippines built? I'd already surmised by serial number. A quick look and Doc Sambo says, made in Taiwan. The Cobra logo on the front face has Texture on Taiwan builds.

Last edited:
Quick Turn Around. Can't muster the necessary tone to get the AM 21W PEP the C2000 now achieves; as seen on the shop Bird meter. Only a 5W PEP increase with my voice tone.
Everything as tight and fluid as a renewed antique can be expected to be; with polished heat sinks :eek:

It's now officially a very overprice antique. Worth at least a (.001) million to me.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.