• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 200gtl on its way

I thought Cobra replaced the Mosfets with 2SC2290 finals ?

A few locals had the early 200s with the Mosfet finals and they sounded bad on SSB. The dealer replaced them with newer 200s with the 2290s and they sounded much better, IMO.
Not fantastic, but better.

Yes it has the 2290 in amp section, but the rest mosfet.

No voltage spike, unless the 200 is more sensitive than my 2970DX-150, as it was mounted in and connectged to the same power source I use on my 2970DX.

As far a bad tune, well that could be, but doubtful.

i noticed something alittle strange with my 200. i had set everything up in the house using my 25 amp power supply and then put the radio out in my truck and rechecked everything. the am deadkey was way higher than i had set it. i thought maybe i was drawing more amperage so reset. next day checked it again to find it lower than i set it the day before. reset but havn't checked again yet. i will later today. maybe this happened to yours also. never heard of a deadkey changing like that?

I personally thought it was a very well built radio. The only thing that was a nightmare was installing the talkback in it. Those little parts mess with your head!

I haven't had any complaints about the deadkey shifting at all. I've not seen the problem on the bench with any of them yet, either. Its possible that the carrier-control pot is a wee bit dirty, although I'd say that is a long shot, as new as it is.

dtb it worked fine in the house this problem has started in the truck. i'm thinking my antenna system maybe the under lying cause. my swr isn't stable either. seems to have risen abit since my install. i'll let everyone know if i find thats the cause.

That what I like to hear! Keep my foot warmer and get some more chanels and FM. All this talk of those thing and seeing how cool they are makes me want one!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info DTB!!!!

hum

hey dtb was wondring if you sell the cobra 200 and if ya do can we get one off ya all hot roded up if ya know what i mean i don't know of any techs around hear that i trust with a none smt much less a new radiedo lets us know

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.