• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 25 nw wx st power mods

As far as spread coils? I cannot tell you how many times I have set down to fix these issues. One has to remember these are tuned circuits. Spectrum analyzer is your friend.
I cannot tell you how many radios I have re-aligned and set them up on the spectrum analyzer and they were putting out as much on the harmonics as they were on the primary frequency. Funny also that the finals were blown because of excessive SWR reflecting back from the antenna. Reflected wattage and the primary wattage add up to one life shortened final transistor. Notice the word "HARMonics"?
They trash up the spectrum and burn parts.

Reactions: Radio Tech and Robb
IF you know where to get a spectrum analyzer for the $100 price range I will buy one also, provided it is in working condition $100??

i am currently working on something that i hope will give a tech the ability to null the 54mhz harmonic without needing a spectrum analyzer.
will it be as good as a spec. analyzer? no, get real. LOL

I hope though, that it will provide a means for many more people to be able to set/ fix this portion of their radios. hence cleaning up the airwaves.
LC

Reactions: LeapFrog
IF you know where to get a spectrum analyzer for the $100 price range I will buy one also, provided it is in working condition $100??
eBay and pray for a miracle. I have bought four from eBay vendors. Three worked and one did not, but it is full of parts I can use to fix two of the others should the need arise.
I paid more than $100.00 for each one. One I got is a portable battery powered and is the one I use the most often.

You also could use a PANADAPTER and a home computer to get there from here. If you knew how.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.