• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 25 with ERF 2030 mod

mountain man

Feb 28, 2013
I ordered a mod kit with the 2030 transistor for a cobra 25. I've seen a couple sites that say this will improve your output around 40 watts. Has anyone done this mod or know the real numbers that the radio will be putting out? Just trying to figure out what to expect, thanks!

If your Cobra 25 has a blown final you have three options. 1) replace the stock final. 2) Upgrade to a 1969 final mod, you should upgrade the driver as well. 3) Do a mosfet mod.

If your radio is not broken don't waste your time with it. A good tech can get 25-30 watts from your radio as is with a proper tune and alignment. The 1969 final mod should get you 35-40 watts.

Your not really gonna kick any extra a$$ with 5-10 more watts, no one you talk to will even notice. I would do a peak and tune to your radio and then get a small 2 pill amplifier.

The reason for this is you must double your power to gain 1/2 an S unit. So 5-10 watts means nothing. By adding say a 250 watt amplifier you see a 10x increase in power over a stock 25 watt radio. Now people you talk to will say WOW WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!!

Thanks for the feed back! And yeah that's what Im planning on trying with this little 25. I doubt it will make this radio see 40 watts but ill try it and give an update on how it affected the radio. Just doing a little experimenting

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.