• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 26...

from what i gather on google they were a cobra 29a that was stipped down to the essentials to sell for a more economical price (the 29a was $180 way back when). they were produced for a few years untill the solid state rigs were produced.
if im not mistaken they were the father to the 21x models.

am power is l7 and l8, modulation limiter is d24 (per the old secret cb books)

from what i gather on google they were a cobra 29a that was stipped down to the essentials to sell for a more economical price (the 29a was $180 way back when). they were produced for a few years untill the solid state rigs were produced.
if im not mistaken they were the father to the 21x models.

am power is l7 and l8, modulation limiter is d24 (per the old secret cb books)

Thanks for that info.. yea I am probably going to look for a 29 and keep them as collector piece. As still it says clear all over 29 and the from is 26.. Never know one day it might be worth something... Needless to say if it had 40 CH the way its built I'd use it...Love that their 5 watt wonders...

can you kindly share the links? Because I cant find anything yielding cobra 26

That 26 is indeed a rare one,reason enough to grab on to it.Theres another one too, a Cobra 29X.Every year,Rutlege,Missouri has a big,I mean big, flea market.It used to be known as a Gun and Dog Auction until somebody got infected with "political correctness".You name it,from soup to nuts,you'll find it.You can walk almost all day and still not see everything.I myself picked up 2 linears,Maco 750 and a Phantom.Anyway, I was walking past some radios, one said Cobra 29X on the front.I should have grabbed it.

That 26 is indeed a rare one,reason enough to grab on to it.Theres another one too, a Cobra 29X.Every year,Rutlege,Missouri has a big,I mean big, flea market.It used to be known as a Gun and Dog Auction until somebody got infected with "political correctness".You name it,from soup to nuts,you'll find it.You can walk almost all day and still not see everything.I myself picked up 2 linears,Maco 750 and a Phantom.Anyway, I was walking past some radios, one said Cobra 29X on the front.I should have grabbed it.

If I am ever in Mussouri I will haveta check it out. Truthfully I havent checked many here as cb's are considered a hick thing.. So I guess I stumbled into it and must say its been fun. But yea when she called and said the 2 numbers its like well I already got a cobra 25 in the car modded. hell whats a 26.. So I got it :) Thanks for the reply

A 23 channel radio with bad timing. Introduced when the 40-channel expansion was announced. Discontinued immediately.

Wanna see a wacky one?

Check out the Cobra 28.

20 bucks ain't bad....Might be worth that for just the final if it's still good....Which I'm not betting on, he said “I don't have the power cable to check this out”.....the wires are hanging out the back..LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cobra-28A-CB-Radio-Citizens-Band-/153491064133

Reactions: Tokin
Hmph!

That's not the radio I'm remembering. Having a channel 9 scan on a 23-channel radio was pretty exotic in 1974. The radio I remember had two channel dials, an inner and an outer one. Would scan between the two, not just to channel 9.

Thought it was called the "28". Maybe not after all. Gotta track that down.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.