• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 LX Problem

bluesman1975

Feb 13, 2015
Hello to everyone and I am asking for a little help from some of you Techs. I have a Cobra 29 LX that recieves fine and modulates and makes power occasionally....lol. I plugged it up the first time and no modulation...2 days later I plug it back up and it modulates and Im talking with a friend and it goes again...transmits but no power or modulation. I started checking voltages and something strange happens...the voltages steady drop while Im reading them. I have tried different Multi-meters, moved where I was grounding my black probe to different grounds..no change. Even tried 3 different power supplies....the board is almost identical to the good ole 29 ltd with exception of a different audio chip, but no service manual to be found yet. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?..Thanks...Oh yeah I tried different mikes as well so mike not a problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.