• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 motorboat on recieve

johnecashflo

Wish I Was Here
Mar 26, 2007
INDIANA
can anyone help me with a cobra 29 SE recieve.. the problem is when i kill my white noise using the squelch it (the audio)goes in to moterboat or fart sounding..changed the sq knob no help

i looked till my where crossed for c242 ..im a newbie to fixing internal problems so any help to placement of these parts would be great thanks for all the help

Locate C242(.001)on pin 5 of TA7222 audio ic and move to pin 4 of ic.
The audio IC is bolted to the side of the radio.Look for the big modulation transformer roght/rear of the radio, should see the IC bolted to the side of the radio....the cap quoted in the text should be very close.
This may or may not be your problem, as well as the numbering on the board may not be the same as the radio they are talking about is older than the one you have.

Jeff

johnecashflo said:
i looked till my where crossed for c242 ..im a newbie to fixing internal problems so any help to placement of these parts would be great thanks for all the help

this is the Audio IC it sits on the side of the frame..

1. "Motorboating": Locate C162 or 62 (.001)on pin 5 of TA7222 audio ic and move to pin 4 of ic.

cobra29.bmp

and if not look for a .001 cap on pin 5 of the audio IC and move it to pin 4 :)

well i got good news :D and and bad news.. :( the good news is i found the cap on pin 5..when i moved it to pin for it killd the motorboat..bad news it also killed my audio..have carrier no swing.. thanks again

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.