• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 no recieve intermitent

bigdog853

Jul 13, 2009
i just bought a cobra 29nw wx i have a problem with the rx one minuit recieves fine the next nothing? the needle dosent twitch with another radio two feet away tried different mikes and antennas no difference tried moving wires no difference any body got an idea on what else to check im stumped? some times if you key the mike it will come back on or if you tap it just right?:headbang

Intermitent Receive on Cobra

I have a new Cobra 18 WX with the same problem. Posted on several forums with no replies. Frustrating as heck!

Check the CB/PA switch to make sure it's not the problem. Try messing with the squelch to see if that does anything. Double check your antenna connections, both the connectors on the coax and the antenna mount. It's difficult to diagnose something like this without seeing it in person. If you can swap in a different radio to see if that helps, then you know it's the radio. If it's a new radio and you're certain it's the radio, take it back under warranty for a new one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.