• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra148GTL mic wiring needed

LightFoot

Dec 28, 2008
Can Someone please help me :headbang . I have a Cobra148GTL 5 prong Mic Radio. I want to wire up a echo power mic called TS2024C Trucker Series Mic to this Radio. The mic has 5 wires. Colors are Blue, yellow, shield, black and red. I was hoping you can give me the color to pin wiring configuration. Like pin #1 is Shield and so on. I'm sure blue is the Audio. By the way this mic is just like the DM452 power echo mic If I'm correct . Thanks Guys...........John.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Pin 1 = Modulation[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Pin 2 = Shield[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Pin 3 = Receive (RX)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Pin 4 = Ground[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Pin 5 = Transmit (TX)[/FONT]

This is the Cobra 5 pin Not sure of how your mic is wired, but, most of those mics are pretty standard.

1 - GROUND SHIELD - BLACK
2 - AUDIO - WHITE / YELLOW
3 - TX - RED
4 - RX - BLUE

your 148 pin out is 1 is Audio 2 is ground(shield) 3 is Receive ,4 is ground and 5 is Transmit .

Now on your mic you think blue is audio , shield is shield ground ( shield should be rapped around the audio wire) Red is usually transimit and black is usually receive. In your case you won't have to use pin 4 .

Now if you get all that and the radio should key up itself when you plug it in ? reverse the black and red wires. It's a bit of a crap shoot here for me not knowing your mic.

LOL, yeah what I said...

your 148 pin out is 1 is Audio 2 is ground(shield) 3 is Receive ,4 is ground and 5 is Transmit .

Now on your mic you think blue is audio , shield is shield ground ( shield should be rapped around the audio wire) Red is usually transimit and black is usually receive. In your case you won't have to use pin 4 .

Now if you get all that and the radio should key up itself when you plug it in ? reverse the black and red wires. It's a bit of a crap shoot here for me not knowing your mic.

Thank you Both Dodgem and Switch Kit. Appreciate you both for being there with me on this one. Just a curious Question. So if pin # 4 on radio has no connect will i be discarding the yellow wire on the mic? Thanks Again...........................John.

The yellow wire could be ground as well (part of the mic curcuit) My mistake here , whatever wire the shield is around should be your audio wire. and you know where the shield goes and the red and black , weather it's yellow or not , it can go on pin 4 as a second ground or added to the shield pin 2 , because I don't know the mic it makes it hard for me other then to hit and miss with what you have here .

But knowing what the audio and ground is / is basically half your battle won. You will use that yellow wire one way or the other.

OK . Just dug one up , tS2018 (same as dm452)
Yellow is your Audio so it will go to Pin 1
Shield will go to Pin 2
Receive will be black wire Pin 3
Red wire = Ground pin 4 (or it will work with out it)
and Blue will be transmit Pin 5

You see thundrer , these over seas companies have been known to do things differently so the wiring can some times be different color coded so unless I know the mic's well , it can be a hard call when it comes to helping in these situations. But I think what I just told you should work.

Last edited:
Hey Switch Kit hahaha man where did you dig up the TS 2018 mic? Its just like the TS2024C. Man Thanks for looking (y). I hope it was not a headache :headbang. I will be doing the wiring combo tomorrow and will keep you posted on your findings.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.