• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Compression on turner plus 3 .

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
How do you adjust the compression on the plus 3 .. just ordered one but on all the pictures of them i dont see where to adjust for compression .

You just ordered one?? You mean you just bought a used one. Okay....+3's have compression? Maybe, not really sure. They are certainly amplified but I do not what the amplification scheme is. I've had several of them over the years, GREAT MICS!! Never seen any adjustment other than the amplification volume knob on top so I'd say there is no adjustment for compression. I wouldn't worry about it. They sound great as is. Adjust the volume until the locals tell you you're real loud but not too loud...splattering ect...
interview.gif

WW..check out turner plus 3 microphone review by''cbradiomagazine.com''....it definitaly states the plus three has compression . it also says the superside kick although made specificaly for ssb does not . i just cant see where you adjust it . theres another great review n info by Woody,ssb ..

Last edited:
Yeah they're awesome mics, there had to be tens of thousands of them around back in the 70's. I don't doubt they have compression. I'd say it's built into the amp circuit and not separate from the overall circuit. Only adjustment is the main knob. Enjoy the mic!

There is no adjusting. It works automatically. It is called Modu-Guard. It allows 100% modulation without over modulation. Also, other than the difference in the +3 having compression (as does the CS-1) and the SSK not, the SSK has a Dynamic cartridge as the +3 has a crystal cartridge .

There's only one pot on the whole thing. I just looked at a dead one in the pile here.

Cool , dig it..since no adjustmemt no chance fer screwup by me..lol..

Until you decide you want more or less compression!

Last time I heard one of these mics the guy needed a small (maybe .1uf)capacitor in series with the audio lead to roll off some of the lows. That was on a 1975 Realistic Navajo.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.