• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Conditions Non-existant!

DX across the "Big Pond" on 10/11m is very low at this time and doesn't look to improve anytime soon. Making contacts across several states does occur on a regular basis on some of the amateur bands. 20m, 40m, 60m & 80m to name a few. When you can catch it, there is some propagation internationally into Europe on 20m. So If you want some "DX" as defined in the amateur community, get involved in studying for your amateur ticket and upgrade to at least General level so you can take advantage of the bands alloted and get on the air and have a great time.

Wayne C.

DX across the "Big Pond" on 10/11m is very low at this time and doesn't look to improve anytime soon. Making contacts across several states does occur on a regular basis on some of the amateur bands. 20m, 40m, 60m & 80m to name a few. When you can catch it, there is some propagation internationally into Europe on 20m. So If you want some "DX" as defined in the amateur community, get involved in studying for your amateur ticket and upgrade to at least General level so you can take advantage of the bands alloted and get on the air and have a great time.

Wayne C.

I stand Corrected , i guess if you meant your day in day out 20 mtr activity. it would probably seem pretty cool to somebody who hasnt experienced it ,
and while you can work almost all of north america every night on the lower bands

i guess what i should have said , was , there is
nothing phenonemal going on on the ham bands either
sure, there are contacts to be made , but
It's been pretty dead by amateur standards also

by all means get your ticket , theres always something going on

Oh yes, I'll certainly pursue the amateur license, there are local classes starting up shortly. It's a good, clean, safe hobby. I'm in a good location, here on the New Hampshire Seacoast, for getting "across the pond" too.

Yep CB skip is down, November sometimes a bit of skip. All radio bands are down but there is hope coming.

I do work Europe in a window from 7 pm to 7:45 on 30 meters on ham bands in the evening.

DOCTOR/CDX795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.