• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 4300 and 4600 turbo

I've got both a 4300 and a 4600. Neither has SSB, but if that's not an issue, OK.

Echo on the 4300 is a little too much for my taste as soon as it is turned on. Not enough adjustment for me. That problem seems to have been fixed with the 4600.

I'm not a ratchet-jaw, so heating has not been an problem with me. If it ever is, a small fan can be installed for $20-25 and that will eliminate the heating issue.

Overall, I'm satisfied with both radios and would not sell either.

Avoid the 4300. As mentioned already, NOT good with heat, unless you run it at like 50%-70% output level. 4600 is just a 3300 with an amp added. For that money, get a Cobra 200GTL, and have the freq counter and sidebands along with AM and high output levels.

connex has always been about cheap so steer clear.........

No matter how many times i hear things like this i always get a good laugh. I bet you really like Galaxy radios don't you or maybe its the Ranger/Super Star/General Lee radios. Wake up man there all the same radio! Other than a few changes here and there and the way they look they are all the the same. Same board same components same sound. If you think im full of BS then open a Galaxy and a Connex and put them side by side,its the same radio. Do you know why a Connex costs so much less than a Galaxy? Because it does not have Galaxy on the front of it!

Damn! Some people will never learn.......

Connex 3300 same radio as Galaxy 33. Same radio for almost 20 years no changes other than faceplate and now blue lights.

i have the 4400 hp and the 4800 dxl and i have not heard either
one. all i know is they are supposed to have the loudest audio.of all am radios...

can you define "loud" ? sure ,not all radios are created equal , but a scope that says or shows 100% modulation on any radio is just that ,no more or no less. So does the machine say one thing and the ear hole tells us another ? (microphones maybe?) I've heard many a loud radio that would basically knock me out of my seat , from 148GTLs to Connex 3300s and the loudest radio I think i ever heard to this day was a HR2510 !! Lincoln if you will. I have no idea if any of those radios were bored out or even clipped for that matter ? ......define loud ? on a properly tuned radio ? or is loud truly in the ear of the beholder ? What kind of loud are we talking about here ? There's a dude that lives about 12 miles away from me on a 25 LTD with a swing kit in it off a Maco 5/8s wave ......he's surely the loudest radio out there in my receive from that far away or even that close for that matter , IM very sure if you put his radio on a machine it more then likely wouldn't look very well , but this dude is loud and proud and clear as a bell (not the machine type bell) ......oh ,that 2510 I spoke of being the loudest radio i think i ever heard , was on it's own stock mic !!! the dude with the 25 uses a lolly pop. OH and back to the Connex 3300s .....with the original echo boards in them ,they were absoulty one hell of a loud ass radio !!! damned near nasty !!

I define loudness as perceived transmit volume from a radio which does not have audio harmonic distortion present in its signal. The Stryker's audio processing so far is the best I've seen. It takes compression/dynamics-limiting (basically making the audio equally loud for ALL vocal levels during normal speech) to a level that I've not seen before in an export-style radio. Even the Magnums' processing does not reach the level the SR440 does.

A Stryker louder than a Connex hp? Thats like saying a 427 out of your moms 68 Impala station wagon has the same hp as one out a Vette! 325 hp vs 435+,i dont think so. They may look the same inside and out but have nowhere near the same power or performance.
Its the same kind of deal with a Stryker.They just do not have that big radio sound.I have both a Connex 3300 hp(and a Connex 4600 turbo but we wont go there) and a Stryker. Both have a basic peak and tune and as far as that big loud sound the Stryker cant touch a Connex hp. Stryker may have more peak power but no where near the same audio.Sorry.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.