• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Im looking for a pretty good powered connex for my mobile. what should i get. im not looking to spend all the money on a the 300 watt model but the 4600 is looking pretty good right about now. any opinions.

If you're limiting yourself to Connex and don't have more than $400 to spend, go for the 4600. Personally, I'd go with the Stryker 490. It costs alot less, will give you 130-150 watts, and you wont have to run crazy power cable for it. In my opinion, the transmit audio is also better in both quality and over-all punch than any Connex, assuming proper tuning.

DTB Radio said:
If you're limiting yourself to Connex and don't have more than $400 to spend, go for the 4600. Personally, I'd go with the Stryker 490. It costs alot less, will give you 130-150 watts, and you wont have to run crazy power cable for it. In my opinion, the transmit audio is also better in both quality and over-all punch than any Connex, assuming proper tuning.

DTB what kind of amperage do these 490 radios pull?? I have a 10amp power supply in my truck, currenlty using a Stryker 440-hp looking to upgrade to a 490-hp for more powa!! will power suppply be enough for the 490 ??

Thanks

Crazy Eddie said:
DTB Radio said:

DTB what kind of amperage do these 490 radios pull?? I have a 10amp power supply in my truck, currenlty using a Stryker 440-hp looking to upgrade to a 490-hp for more powa!! will power suppply be enough for the 490 ??

Thanks

I think it will pull more than 10 amps.

Mr Clean said:
Get you a connex 3300 or Gen Lee and a 2 pill. It will rock for about the same money.

Yeah, you are right about that I had a Connex 3300 with a X-force 80 and that set-up was a great combo, it was smokin! :twisted:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.