• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Contacting Workman Electronics,

HeloThunder

Nov 15, 2010
I have some serious product complaints, and not ONE of the email contacts on the workman site work anymore. I just recently purchased one of their 'antennas' This is the email i TRIED sending them. If anyone of you have a working email for Jerry, or James over there at workman, let me know.:censored::censored:

First, i want to thank you for taking the time to read this. You must be a very busy man, especially this time of year.

I am writing you in regards to your Workman T225 Balcony Antenna. I recently just got back into CB radio and have setup a base station. Everything is in place and all i needed was an Antenna, nothing too large, or noticeable. I had spent a lot of time researching different antenna, different companies and i really spent a lot of time reading what people in chat forums had to say.

So, i decided on the T225, after reading nothing but great reviews from a lot of people, regarding your company, quality product and superb construction.
It arrived yesterday, unpacked it. I started to read the supplied step-by-step instructions. This is where i had trouble.

- Misspelled words throughout the instructions.
- The mounting bracket shown was not the one i received. (have to buy the proper one now)
- The drawn, photo-copied image of the parts were blurred, the sizes were wrong.
- Included with the parts, was a tiny screw. It is not listed on the instructions.

I also noticed on the main body of the antenna the drilled holes for connecting the two aluminum shafts together were off and hardly straight and so rough, i am going to have to file them down just to get a screw in there, so i can connect them together. I still do not know how i am supposed to connect them.

The screw supplied and the one i mentioned above is too large for the holes. Also, if that screw were to be in place, the main body of the antenna will not be straight at all and could pose a high SWR risk, which could damage a radio. Especially for a beginner.

Jerry, my name is Frankie ******* i do not write this to anger you, nor am i angry. I just wanted to bring these things to your attention, so that you may look into fixing them.

I work 45 hours a week, i saved, to afford this antenna +shipping costs. I am not wealthy, i am a working Joe with a one year old son. So having extra money right now is tough.

I hope you can help me out with a better replacement on this antenna.

Yeah, so that's what i wrote, this antenna is garbage and now i don't have any money for another. I knew i should have went with the dipole.

Workman products are cheap copies from other mfr's. Tom Charles, owner of Maco/Gizmotchy antennas is really ticked off that Workman has copied many of his antennas using substandard materials and even photocopy their instructions.

Best of luck contacting Workman. It is a Chinese made product and I'm not so sure they have favorable customer relations.
Let us know then.

Their swr power meter are a 11 meter cb operators dreams I just listened to a few guys brag how those little Workman HP201S 1000 WATT SWR / POWER meters are the best and most accurate on the market and this is followed up by how this guys 600 watt pep amplifier was doing over 1000 watts.

Im sure just seeing this reading tickles some folks I mean just imagine hooking up a Texas Star 350 with 2 X 2SC2879 and seeing 500 - 600 watts at 12 volts now thats a dreamy power meter if Ive ever heard of one :drool:

Last edited:
The antenna is up and it is total crap. ..Evan at 40 feet with super low swrs's this thing is performing horribly. Does anyone on here have a used base antenna that'l work on the cb band and willing to let go for an okay price?

I'm just trying to get on the air again. Stupid Workman Garbage, a total of $50 of my hard-earned dollars down the toilet! I'm probably better off making a dipole, i do have 50 ft of coax.

the antenna is the most important part of the system. take your time and get it right and it will pay off in the long run. A good radio with a bad antenna will not work very well and a low end radio with a real good antenna will make you sound good.

What do you wish to accomplish with the antenna? Local talk? DX? What Bandwidth?

A good 5/8 th wavelength is a good all around antenna that will provide good local and good dx when conditions are right

A beam antenna will improve receive and transmit for both.
A dipole will also have it's different characteristics and several different ways to us it, horizontal sloper or inverted and can provide different results.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.