• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Copper, I must admit..

their forum gurus suck and give the copper store a bad name . its all about the benjamin's ........... . wasnt it H&Y that was selling amps with out a key or peice that was needed to mod them to 11 meter use or useable other than in cw mode a while back ?

BOOTY MONSTER said:
their forum gurus suck and give the copper store a bad name . its all about the benjamin's ........... . wasnt it H&Y that was selling amps with out a key or peice that was needed to mod them to 11 meter use or useable other than in cw mode a while back ?

I think that was the key for the 2950DX radios.They were selling them as extras instead of including them with the radio.

QRN said:
BOOTY MONSTER said:

I think that was the key for the 2950DX radios.They were selling them as extras instead of including them with the radio.

That sounds like one of Coppers radio deals not H&Y.

Unit 194 said:

Copper/H&Y, what's the differance? They are owned by the same people and have the same address,at least they used too. I see now that Copper uses a street address for their contact info while H&Y uses just a P.O. Box for contact info. At one time they showed the EXACT same address and telephone number for both businesses.My understanding was that a father ran one business while his son managed the other. I could be wrong but I am sure that is the case.

QRN said:
BOOTY MONSTER said:

The little pin jumper? That's hillarious.

QRN said:
Unit 194 said:

Copper/H&Y, what's the differance? They are owned by the same people and have the same address,at least they used too. I see now that Copper uses a street address for their contact info while H&Y uses just a P.O. Box for contact info. At one time they showed the EXACT same address and telephone number for both businesses.My understanding was that a father ran one business while his son managed the other. I could be wrong but I am sure that is the case.

Granted, but as far as I know H&Y doesn't have a tech to "Expand, Align and Tune" their radios or to remove/install parts from their radios and amps.

Highlander_821 said:
I wanna see a picture of their bench equipment, in particular a signal generator and a scope.

Somehow I've got a picture of a 7 dollar an hour flunkie with a dosy and a mobile antenna at the end of a bench, and some diddle sticks.

They could very easily prove otherwise, but they never have.

I know they have a dosy test center on there bench. I also know their tech has never seen 80 watts out of a S-980 on the bench either. I live about 45 minutes from them so it makes it nice. Copper also has a subsidary company (HY Electronics) they carry alot of the export/amp stuff that normally the regular shop wouldn't try to sell. If you call the regular office and not the toll free number, sometimes if you buy alot of 1 thing they will cut you a deal. Like for example when you need 16 2879's today not tomorrow. I can get them closer to what i pay for them at RF parts or Westgate.

What I dont understand is how is it they have never been busted by the FCC?? The sell the same amps and exports that all the other shops do yet the FCC has never bothered them. Maybe they pad the FCCs pockets to pay for exemtion??? Who knows

frmboybuck said:
What I dont understand is how is it they have never been busted by the FCC?? The sell the same amps and exports that all the other shops do yet the FCC has never bothered them. Maybe they pad the FCCs pockets to pay for exemtion??? Who knows

IM sure they have Farm Boy :x I know H&Y was a few years back , depending on how good your business is doing and what you have been fined for ? folks can survive a fine or two. You either pay the fine or it's sometimes more like a slap on the wrist, you do the best that you can with what you have , it truly helps to treat customers (or at least try, because customers can be real a-holes at times and turn on you at the drop of a dime) as good as you can. Loose lips tend to sink ships in this business over the years. Especially Hams that don't like CB'ers .....not all Ham's , but if you might be making problems for them with your equipment ? there's always a good chance that they will return the favor....and then there are those that just don't have anything better to do with there times at hand. Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.