• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Could someone recommend a CB Shop?

murph

Aug 7, 2012
I drive a dump truck locally for a living and I'm looking for some advice on where to buy a new radio. I'm wanting a Uniden PC78 Elite with just a simple modification for modulation and maybe receive.

I'm in Illinois but something online would be fine as long as it's somebody that knows what they're doing and will stand behind their work.

Me neither. Dr. Duck might be a top notch tech, just a little on the odd side personality-wise.

I wonder why he never turned up anywhere else.

Lol.
Dr Duck (yes the one in that video) is a member of this forum, and from what I have heard he has a fairly nice Shop now.
Maybe he will pop in and say hello.
I know at least one Radio guy that has become a really good guy to do business with that Started out in a Mobile shop.
Any one ever heard of DTB radio?

Jeff

Delt with Sparkys and Copper never had a problem. Just tell them exactly what you want. I just tell them to set it up but I don't want it clipped.

Where in Illinois are you?

There's Dubs CB shop on I-70 and US 40 near the Illinois/Indiana line. I've never dealt with him personally but have read testimonials that say he's good. But take that with a grain of salt.

Sparkys used to be good. I last bought from him a few years ago with good success. I've not bought from there since his tech Doug went to open his own business in Terre Haute.

Last thing I bought from sparkys I told them not to touch, and some assclown cut the mod limiter by gouging a line across the trace almost all the way through the board with what looked like a butter knife.

Last thing I bought from sparkys I told them not to touch, and some assclown cut the mod limiter by gouging a line across the trace almost all the way through the board with what looked like a butter knife.

Same thing here.

Told him as I ordered a Galaxy mobile that I wanted it stock with no mods or tuning to be done. Sure enough, trace was cut. Called and complained, guy acted like I kicked his dog or something.

Yup same thing when I called to bitch, like they did me a "favour" by "tuning up" the radio and not charging me for it lmao

im banking on bells...i just sent my galaxy dx99v to them for repairs...ill let you know in 8 to 12 weeks how it worked out....thats the time line given

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.