• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Crazy skip on 38LSB these past few days

Daniel Maine

Feb 27, 2017
These past few days the SKIP on 38LSB has been awesome!!!!

Ive heard lots of contacts from Milwaukee, Chicago, New Jersey, Orlando, Key West, Eastern Tenn. Arkansas, Alabama, SoCal and Central Virginia.

I'm in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Area and had small exchanges with NJ and Eastern Tenn. (Call sign is quicksilver)

I'll see some of you all on 38LSB later!

Reactions: Sonar

These past few days the SKIP on 38LSB has been awesome!!!!

Ive heard lots of contacts from Milwaukee, Chicago, New Jersey, Orlando, Key West, Eastern Tenn. Arkansas, Alabama, SoCal and Central Virginia.

I'm in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach Area and had small exchanges with NJ and Eastern Tenn. (Call sign is quicksilver)

I'll see some of you all on 38LSB later!
I made a quick contact on 2.7555 USB. It was with a gentleman in the states. He told me the previous day skip at around 4 p.m. which was when I was talking to him was actually coming across the pond from the UK. Sure enough 15 minutes after my short qso with that station I heard a few English accents. I wasn't near the radio when I heard it and although I could have gotten to it in time to return the call I decided not too. I wonder if the conditions from Europe will increase as the summer goes on. It's obviously in there. Like I mentioned it only lasted for approximately five minutes and although the conditions were poor, were good enough for me to hear two or three stations from across the pond calling. Happy DXing. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.