• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 - unavailable for now

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
Just an update as people looking for this radio have been surprised to find it's no longer available.

The distributor that was importing it got some pressure from a ham who had some sort of connection to the FCC.

So looks like they might be a collectors item unless you get them off ebay or someone decides to become the new importer.

You could always contact them directly and have them ship overseas as well - info@univercom.eu

Seems to be a bad link. Might just be my phone misbehaving.

Hope it doesn't affect the other exports I'm waiting on.

Last edited:
I wonder what that ham said to his FCC ? Why would the FCC do this?
P.S. I said the same thing to some guy about it might become a collector's item. I'll sell mine for $2500 :O

Last edited:
Ok. I think that somehow the FCC busted someone on selling the 8900. Little technicalities. We live in a free country?
You don't them hams read up on this forum?

Last edited:
Police state residents

For those of you residing in police states where your liberty to operate a radio is threatened but your rights to own guns and shoot people aren't, you can purchase whatever radio you like from overseas web sites.
yeticomnz still has the Cre and the optima. It does seem the authorities in several countries are starting to take a more aggressive stand regarding free band and radios capable of operating there (except Ham radios!)
yeticomnz.com
What Is Going on in Australia these Days? | 91DD018

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you residing in police states where your liberty to operate a radio is threatened but your rights to own guns and shoot people aren't, you can purchase whatever radio you like from overseas web sites.
yeticomnz still has the Cre and the optima. It does seem the authorities in several countries are starting to take a more aggressive stand regarding free band and radios capable of operating there (except Ham radios!)
yeticomnz.com
What Is Going on in Australia these Days? | 91DD018

I read where in Britian that the authorities over there were doing that

I read where in Britian that the authorities over there were doing that

In fairness they have a tendency to let you get on with it nowadays if you ain't interfering with any of their revenue sources, a far more relaxed approach to their 70/80's bust anything that moves style, although in fairness with shitty analogue tv coverage,even shitter tv's,AM/SSB was causing havoc,so even then with their increased manpower (tory cutbacks have helped the cb'er of late) they would only act if you were causing rfi/tvi,most people I've heard of busted in the past few years was for dicking with ham repeaters as the usual ham v's cb war eternally rages,well when they ain't slagging off each others station,manners,sexuality,football loyalty etc etc.

If they are doing that and are cb'ers then they deserve to be busted as all it achieves is irate hams dicking about on 555 as payback, ironically though many of the jammers are hams too,who spat the dummy because they lack the personality for anyone to talk to them so they start acting retarded for attention,

There is talk of Ofcom finally legalising AM/FM/SSB on FCC frequencies thus allowing our people freedom of speech legally albeit 32 years too late,not that many gave a fuck about the fact it was illegal anyway,let's face it,its only illegal when you get caught,lol.

Bottom line is simple,if there's a demand, there will be a product, be it sold openly,under the counter,in pubs,in shady back streets,illegal radios are no different to illegal drugs,where there is a demand people will be willing to take risks to fullfill it and make a profit.Just like they did with booze under prohibition.

I listen on 10 meters and yack on 11
I got enough sense not to try and talk on the amateur band plus non of them would talk talk if they don't have my call sign in their list. Illegal is illegal nonetheless. Maybe we can change the laws by getting one of our own into office.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.