• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Custom Amplifier

so now power changes conditions in the atsmophere ?? WTF !!!

;) its cool , i know yall are joking :)

Sometimes I hear DX stations on channel 6 when I dont hear it anywhere else on the band. I would say its due to running lots of juice. Maybe not making conditions but dxing with less conditions than most need.

Sometimes I hear DX stations on channel 6 when I dont hear it anywhere else on the band. I would say its due to running lots of juice. Maybe not making conditions but dxing with less conditions than most need.
I totally aagree. A very strong signal being directed by an optimized beam will do that. I hear it on the Bowl all the time.
BOOTY!!! your still a MUD DUCK!!!! Report to the swamp!!!:LOL:

Finally in the Shack!!!

drifter-albums-radio-stuff-picture1156-wizard-built-3cx3000-rf-deck.jpg
drifter-albums-radio-stuff-picture1157-wizard-built-3cx3000-shack.jpg

Why would I buy a piece of equipment that I cannot power?? With the two pill in I get right around 2500 Average watts on the bird. When driven to full output I peg the needle on a 5KW watt slug.:whistle:

I thought they needed some crazy stuff for power. 50amps 220? something like that. what do you use for a driver for full output. i thought 3000's take an 8 pill for a driver. just curious what you use

I thought they needed some crazy stuff for power. 50amps 220? something like that. what do you use for a driver for full output. i thought 3000's take an 8 pill for a driver. just curious what you use

he has a base unit built for conservative output with a small transformer. if he was using this in a mobile environment where he could develop higher plate voltages and wanted to see 10kw yes he could drive it with an 8 pill. you have no idea how large a 7kw 2 amp transformer would be do you? lol
it would be HUGE. most buys on the base can get them up to 5 or 7 grand, which going by the manufacturers notes is un charted territory.

ayy linearone whats goin on havent seen you in a while.
Yeah the 3000a7 is rated for what 3kw continous duty and these guys will run it to 10kw im pretty sure brown shoes in jamaica queens runs 2 and talks skip at 20kw all day, nice guy dont say much but he seemed polite met him at the keydown.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.