• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Custom Amplifier

Forget relative readings. What's wrong with an actual true reading watt meter?

Good point. An amp that size would benefit from having a Bird line section built into it and the meter and slug on the front panel. It would be like the hi power Glen amps built back in the day. Also it would eliminate one jumper in the RF chain. Heliax from the antenna straight to the output and rock and roll.

If you are going to spend that kind of money use a pair of line sections with a 50 or 100 watt slug for reflected power. Grab an analog television transmitter surplus Coaxial Dynamics 81090 Watchman meter with adjustable relays. Use the relay to lock out the keyline when reflected power climbs up.

Your kidding! Why would you need any of that? Oh well, I guess if you're gonna make believe, then do it big.
- 'Doc

what about echo ??

Why would you want to build a high quality amp and then put an echo that makes you sound like a two bit Dickhead in it? DEARIE ME.:headbang:headbang

A high quality filter and switchable bias done properly would be good,A switchable,proper rf processor on the front end would be a nice touch too.

Why would you want to build a high quality amp and then put an echo that makes you sound like a two bit Dickhead in it? DEARIE ME.:headbang:headbang

A high quality filter and switchable bias done properly would be good,A switchable,proper rf processor on the front end would be a nice touch too.

your pulling my chain ..right ??

a quality built in echo would give the appearance of that "BIG BASE STATION" sound
you would be the envy of most your friends and ALL the truck drivers !!

BREAK, BREAK !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.