• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Custom coax

DX Engineering does not offer custom coax assembly.

Still waiting to hear for Cable Experts.

Might just end up going the barrel connector route.

The only draw back is this is a vehicle mount and the barrel connection would be along the coax run on top of the roof. I have a mag mount. I guess being only 18 inches long I could loop it around one big loop at the tri mag mount area.

Or use some of the putty type clay to fasten the connector to the roof, otherwise it will be scratching the roof and making possible noise in the wind.

Hard to find someone to make me a custom ring terminal end coax proper like.

Ended up ordering from Cable Xperts INC.

Water proof etc. Looks like quality stuff and assembly.

This way no need for barrel connectors. The DX Engineering 1.5 foot ring terminal jumper looks very well made, hopefully the Coax Experts is as nice.

The crap I recieved from Predator10Kdiscountantennas was a complete joke. No ring end on the grounding braid and the hot wire cover was expose maybe two inches on one cable with a slice in it. Not enough braid exposed to attach a ring to let alone fix it to a ground bolt on either of the two ordered 18 foot pieces.

I find it very hard to understand how somebody could send this out in the condition it was made, really a joke.

The information given here by all that posted was very helpful. I have seen the sites in the past but was on the path of CB shops. My fault here for sure.

And why would I think a site that sells exclusively Predator 10K products would have good coax for the 10K antenna ring terminal antenna stud.....like the correct size rings and proper assembly!

Shame on me...

Thanks again for the good advice.

As you can see I have been a member since 2005, I am not running off...

This is a great site and is my go to site for RF information.

Since retiring from Commercial driving I am not as involved in RF as I once was. Ya all CB related.

I still have the station in my 96 4 Runner. Stryker 440hp Twister 4 pill with a mag mounted Predator 10K.

CB has really died out around my neck of the woods. Not many on the band anymore and hardly any drivers. This area used to be a mecca for CB back in the 70's 80's.

Still I keep the station up, more than anything I like to tinker.

One local base station kinda ruins it for the more civil stations, has for many years too.

I am sure Robb knows whom I speak off.

I was a surprised to receive the coax from Cable X-perts with crimped pl259 connector.

The ring terminal ends look super. In general the coax looks professional. I can on only assume the crimp job is up to standards.

I never thought of inquiring how they fastened the connector. I assumed it would be soldered.

I suppose I will be alright from my research concerning this.

I am running 4 2sc2879's through the wire.

I understand there are pros and cons of both methods. Poor soldering conditions can play havoc with the connection. As well as poor crimping tools and method.

Is this the new way of doing connections? I understand that most cable are crimped in general usage.

I just worry a tad with the power issue.

I was a surprised to receive the coax from Cable X-perts with crimped pl259 connector.

The ring terminal ends look super. In general the coax looks professional. I can on only assume the crimp job is up to standards.

I never thought of inquiring how they fastened the connector. I assumed it would be soldered.

I suppose I will be alright from my research concerning this.

I am running 4 2sc2879's through the wire.

I understand there are pros and cons of both methods. Poor soldering conditions can play havoc with the connection. As well as poor crimping tools and method.

Is this the new way of doing connections? I understand that most cable are crimped in general usage.

I just worry a tad with the power issue.

I have been using Cable X-perts cable for many years and I never had any problems running power.

Last edited:
RF Connections in Gaithersburg Maryland will make exactly what you want. The owner is a ham.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.