• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Custom Mic

hank_612

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 3, 2011
Stl Mo
I would like to have a black Astatic RD104e wired to 5 pin for my lincoln and have channel up and down buttons added. Who do you recommend I talk to or ask about this?

BTW I dont have the rd104 yet and I know it getting difficult to find one. I might try to come up with a 575 and have the channel buttons added.

You can modify a 575 with channel up/down buttons, but you need to replace the original cord so you have the required wires. I used an 8 wire cord and a couple of momentary micro buttons I picked up at the local Rat Shack. Basically you need to run 3 extra wires - one each for the up/down functions and a ground. Fitting the buttons is a tight squeeze but managable. Here's a pic of the 575 I modified for use with my Lincoln:

Attachments

• DSC03183.JPG
    DSC03183.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC03184.JPG
    DSC03184.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 4

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!